SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christians in Sydney, Australia, are being advised to hide their crosses
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christians in Sydney, Australia, are being advised to hide their crosses Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Infuriating.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say let's do a Flavor Flav thing and wear them around our necks.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I was born in Australia of Greek heritage,” Mike told the Telegraph. “I’ve always worn my cross. For [them] to rip it off and step on it has to be a religious crime … It’s not on to feel unsafe in your own country.”

Welcome to the world of Islam.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
This Greek kid doesn't know his history. Greece had hells own time with the MooZ for several centuries thanks to their proximity. They were over run and subjugated. They were treated badly because they were Christans-Orthodox. Eventually the Greeks won their independence after a bloody war that ended in 1829. The hatred is still there. I remember old timers spitting on the ground at the mention of Turkey or other Mooz nations. Modern nations that think the Mooz are peaceful and well meaning have not looked at history. They do not value life, and want to destroy Christianity and rule the world. They came close to exterminating the Orthodox Greeks in a campaign of religious hatred and intolerance. The left is doing a commendable job in helping achieve thôeir goals.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANKT:
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
WTF? How did the Mooselems get to Australia? Why were they there? If they were imported well shame on them. Pull a Trump and export the troublemakers.

Aren't those the Muslim thugs that Hussein Obama agreed in a quiet backroom deal to take off of Australia's hands and bring here to the tune of several, several thousand. And Trump, when he learned of it? Rolled over and agreed to honor the deal. Wonderful. So some of those fine upstanding young men may becoming to an American train/school/sporting event near you.

No not at all; that was for a completely different group of refugees.

The previous U.S administration had agreed to resettle a substantial number of the 1,200 asylum seekers, mainly from Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq, held in Australia's processing centres on remote Pacific islands in Papua New Guinea and Nauru.

These immigrants, located in Sydney's western suburbs, march in packs to a completely different drum.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have worn a Cross and St. Christopher medallion everyday for 18 years now it was my 16th birthday gift.
Guess when it will be hidden, NEVER!
I was once told in college to take my American Flag down after 9/11 so the international students would not feel uncomfortable.
My response was to buy a bigger flag and fly it outside of the dorm room and kept the smaller in flying the room.
I love my God more than my Country so guess what happens if this suggestion is made to me.

The persecution we are warned of is upon us, while it has yet to be much physically in the states it is certainly strong amongst our government in regard to religious freedoms. Brace yourselves and stay strong it is only going to get worse. Raise your families to have faith and prepare them to defend it against any enemy.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgajak:
And these geniuses disarmed their citizens...

My first thought!

I doubt it would take long here in the States before those criminals met someone armed and willing to defend themselves.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
A police spokesman said: “The incident [had] prompted police to remind the community that any bias-motivated crime will not be tolerated.”

So, according to the police, bias motivated crime will not be tolerated, but 5 UNIFORMED OFFICERS STOOD AND WATCHED THE ATTACK.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Did Jesus renounce his faith in return for safety?

And neither would I.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

And neither would I.

And neither will I!!!!

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
That's what happens when the people of a nation lay their freedoms and rights aside for the sake of political correctness.

That crap WILL NOT fly in the USA.

It wouldn't have even 10 years ago. Now, I dunno, it might in some areas (SF Bay Area, Berkeley, etc). Don't like to think it would fly here at home, but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand either, and it stresses the need to remain vigilant. Today I cleaned my rifle.....

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, according to the police, bias motivated crime will not be tolerated, but 5 UNIFORMED OFFICERS TRAIN VIOLENCE MONITORS STOOD AND WATCHED THE ATTACK.

Fixed it.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
This Greek kid doesn't know his history. Greece had hells own time with the MooZ for several centuries. They were over run and subjugated. They were treated badly because they were Christans-Orthodox. Eventually the Greeks won their independence after a bloody war in 1829. The hatred is still there. I remember old timers spitting on the ground at the mention of Turkey or other Mooz nations. Modern nations that think the Mooz are peaceful and well meaning have not looked at history. They do not value life, and want to destroy Christianity and rule the world. They came close to exterminating the Orthodox Greeks in a campaign of religious hatred and intolerance. The left is doing a commendable job in helping achieve their goals.

Growing up Greek in NYC, I never connected the dots. Somehow, I equated the Otterman Empire with being just another despotic regime. My family was forcibly ejected from Constantinople back in the 20's and lost everything (except their lives thank God). My father was then born in Pa. But I digress.

The light bulb just barely popped on reading about the history of the past atrocities that were suffered back then--now I understand the reason for the depth of the animosity and distrust Greece has for Turkey.

Keep your firearms well maintained and fully loaded. Always.

It may start here again, but damn sure will end here.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
That's what happens when the people of a nation lay their freedoms and rights aside for the sake of political correctness.

That crap WILL NOT fly in the USA.

It wouldn't have even 10 years ago. Now, I dunno, it might in some areas (SF Bay Area, Berkeley, etc). Don't like to think it would fly here at home, but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand either, and it stresses the need to remain vigilant. Today I cleaned my rifle.....

I have posted before, a couple of years ago the Atheist Club at a college in Silicon Valley had a "draw God" day, use sidewalk chalk in the school square to draw mocking caricatures of all deities, the school admin approved. Then the Islamic Club said if anyone mocked their god, there would be trouble. The end result was they had the activity, mocked all deities, but one.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this Sunday I'll rotate the G42 from carry to church, and do the G30 or 21 with four magazines. This report, and the attacks on Palm Sunday among the Egyptian churches have my Spidey senses tingling...

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

And neither would I.

And neither will I!!!!

Jesus: "Take up your cross and follow me."

Rev Capsis: "Hide your cross in your shirt."

Roll Eyes

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Our brilliant 'D' governor just nixed a bill to ban sharia law in MT. These idiot Dems simply do understand that we have State and Federal law.

This REALLY pisses me off. It's like they want to purposely fark things up...just for shits and giggles. Morons, snowflakes and race mongers better pray such a system never becomes THE law.

Arrrrggghhhh...

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Our brilliant 'D' governor just nixed a bill to ban sharia law in MT. These idiot Dems simply do understand that we have State and Federal law.

This REALLY pisses me off. It's like they want to purposely fark things up...just for shits and giggles. Morons, snowflakes and race mongers better pray such a system never becomes THE law.

Arrrrggghhhh...

Blame Missoula, Butte, and the reservations. The rest of us are normal and rational.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Now wait, we really need to find out here. While the Christians say anything or do anything considered offensive while they were being beaten by the Muslims?

We should also assure that the transit officers felt safe and not offended or inconvenienced.

Wake up Australia... wake the HELL up.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post