SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christians in Sydney, Australia, are being advised to hide their crosses
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christians in Sydney, Australia, are being advised to hide their crosses Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The question that immediately came to my mind when reading about this bore striking resemblance to a line from Full Metal Jacket:

"Why are you not stomping Pvt Pyle's guts out?"

Ask yourself: Could I honestly sit for long and watch that happen myself?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
This Greek kid doesn't know his history. Greece had hells own time with the MooZ for several centuries. They were over run and subjugated. They were treated badly because they were Christans-Orthodox. Eventually the Greeks won their independence after a bloody war in 1829. The hatred is still there. I remember old timers spitting on the ground at the mention of Turkey or other Mooz nations. Modern nations that think the Mooz are peaceful and well meaning have not looked at history. They do not value life, and want to destroy Christianity and rule the world. They came close to exterminating the Orthodox Greeks in a campaign of religious hatred and intolerance. The left is doing a commendable job in helping achieve their goals.

Growing up Greek in NYC, I never connected the dots. Somehow, I equated the Otterman Empire with being just another despotic regime. My family was forcibly ejected from Constantinople back in the 20's and lost everything (except their lives thank God). My father was then born in Pa. But I digress.

The light bulb just barely popped on reading about the history of the past atrocities that were suffered back then--now I understand the reason for the depth of the animosity and distrust Greece has for Turkey.

Keep your firearms well maintained and fully loaded. Always.

It may start here again, but damn sure will end here.

Have you heard of the devshirme and the Janisarries? That would explain some of the hatred.

An excellent but forgotten film about the old country, Ottoman Empire, is America America, directed by Elia Kazan.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5965 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
The question that immediately came to my mind when reading about this bore striking resemblance to a line from Full Metal Jacket:

"Why are you not stomping Pvt Pyle's guts out?"

Ask yourself: Could I honestly sit for long and watch that happen myself?

I've never seen a fight like that and be able to sit idly by while someone was being bullied. Never will. Give up my faith, never will.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:...Wake up Australia... wake the HELL up.

Today Australia. Tomorrow, maybe somewhere closer to home.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Need to take some of their guests for a trip to the outback

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wake up Australia... wake the HELL up.

Wake the hell up, world; Europe is close to being a lost cause, thanks to the EU.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15591 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:...Wake up Australia... wake the HELL up.

Today, I cleaned my Spike's Tactical Crusader.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What, you marked your calendar 7 years ago to clean your firearm today?

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, absolutely. Doesn't everyone?

Either that, or I broke discipline and watched today's domestic news.

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

quote:
Originally posted by Spike's Tactical on their own website:
Spike’s Tactical created a balanced reliable rifle that would bring an excellent fighting rifle to people of all abilities and resources. The every man fighting rifle.

We named it Crusader and engraved Psalm 144:1 on the lower receiver to hoist the flag of our faith and to make a statement, reminding our customers that we are with you. The war is here. We have a duty to defend our homeland and our way of life.

quote:
Originally posted by me: Today, I cleaned my rifle.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More proof of the decline of Western civilization and it is sickening. Also in Canada just be a pussy and make it easy for thieves to steal your car so if they break into your house maybe they will take the keys and leave you alone.

Leave car keys by the front door to avoid home invasion, Toronto police officer says

https://globalnews.ca/news/103...sion-toronto-police/

A Toronto police officer suggested that residents leave their car keys by the front door to avoid a home invasion, seemingly to let criminals steal their vehicle if they break in, leave and avoid injuries.

The Toronto Police Service issued a statement Wednesday confirming that an officer made the remarks at a recent community meeting.

The officer suggested “that people leave the keys to their vehicle in a faraday bag by the front door,” the statement said.

“While well meaning, there are also other ways to prevent auto theft motivated home invasions,” it continued.

Faraday bags block signal-duplicating devices used to replicate key fobs which criminals can use to steal vehicles.

In Toronto, home invasions and break-ins for auto thefts rose 400 per cent last year, the Toronto Police Service said.

At an Etobicoke community meeting, Const. Marco Ricciardi is heard saying, “To prevent the possibility of being attacked in your home, leave your fobs at your front door.”

“They’re breaking into your home to steal your car. They don’t want anything else,” he said, which CityNews first reported.

“A lot of them that they’re arresting have guns on them and they’re not toy guns, they’re real guns. They’re loaded.”

Toronto police said in Wednesday’s statement that they “are concerned about an escalation in violence, where all sorts of weapons and firearms are being used to steal vehicles, and that includes during home invasions.”

The statement said while officers have always told the public to prioritize their safety over their vehicle, there are other ways residents can protect their homes and vehicles, other than just leaving keys at the front door.

Among the various tips given in the statement were to park vehicles in a garage if possible, ensure your driveway is well-lit, have a home security system and security cameras if possible, put security film on glass windows and doors, keep backyard gates and ground-floor windows locked, and report suspicious vehicles / people.

Posts: 12695 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
More proof of the decline of Western civilization and it is sickening.

When does the next crusade begin?
We're not going to just surrender, right?

We are in a moral and spiritual war as much as we are in an economic, political and military war.
We won't fight back until we fully realize that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24127 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is my cross. I’m not hiding it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29707 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:

Have you heard of the devshirme and the Janisarries? That would explain some of the hatred.
Do I understand this correctly? You are making excuses for uncivilized behavior because others in the past have behaved similarly? So being intolerant and aggressive is OK if you can cast blame on someone else? What religion, other than Islam, teaches this?

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who fled Australia. He refused to get the Vax so he could not work during covid. He was afraid the govt would take his kids from him. It's only going to get worse.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

But muslims believe in Jesus. Confused

Apparently these ragheads need a little education on their "faith".

They believe He existed but they believe that He was not God, did not die and return to life and didn't do half of the things in the Bible, that it said He did. They believe mohammed was the last great prophet and believe the Koran because it was preserved from the beginning of their religion but it wasn't, as there were 3 versions of it and one ruler at the time, decided which one to keep and destroyed the others. They are no friend to Christians, let alone any other religion/belief. This is what happens when we let people like this into other lands and allow them to hold political office. They destroy/make you convert from within.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Holy zombie thread, Batman.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8799 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Since I live in Texas my response would be "Say hello to my little friend".

Posts: 5304 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post