SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Posting Photos From Flickr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Posting Photos From Flickr Login/Join 
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted
In light of the recent PhotoBucket disaster regarding third party hosting, I went with Flickr. Flickr allows third party hosting, however, they ask that the correct link be used to link the photo back to Flickr. This is stated in their Guidelines and doesn’t seem too much to ask:

Link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere. Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. This provides a way to get more information about the content and the photographer.

Although new to Flickr, I think I have figured out the process and prepared the following slide for anyone that wishes to follow.

Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yep, I've been doing that ever since they created that "Share" tool. (I don't think it will work for an avatar, though.) As a paid subscriber to Flickr® it does not cost me extra to use it that way. I have an Album that is just for photos I want to share on other fora. (I have 41,000 pictures uploaded to Flickr®.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
OK....Is this the best option apart from PhotoBucket? I've been wandering around looking for someone to fill me in. Is this what you PB folks have gone to? Thanks....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
It is just fine. Try it and enjoy its long lived utility.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Get SYBO in here, immediately!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Bump to keep it available.