SIGforum
Posting Photos From Flickr

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7920069724

July 28, 2017, 03:22 PM
GaryBF
Posting Photos From Flickr
In light of the recent PhotoBucket disaster regarding third party hosting, I went with Flickr. Flickr allows third party hosting, however, they ask that the correct link be used to link the photo back to Flickr. This is stated in their Guidelines and doesn’t seem too much to ask:

Link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere. Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. This provides a way to get more information about the content and the photographer.

Although new to Flickr, I think I have figured out the process and prepared the following slide for anyone that wishes to follow.

Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr
July 28, 2017, 05:15 PM
flashguy
Yep, I've been doing that ever since they created that "Share" tool. (I don't think it will work for an avatar, though.) As a paid subscriber to Flickr® it does not cost me extra to use it that way. I have an Album that is just for photos I want to share on other fora. (I have 41,000 pictures uploaded to Flickr®.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
December 02, 2017, 02:33 PM
GaryBF
BTT
December 02, 2017, 02:40 PM
Zebulon
OK....Is this the best option apart from PhotoBucket? I've been wandering around looking for someone to fill me in. Is this what you PB folks have gone to? Thanks....Zebulon
December 02, 2017, 02:58 PM
4MUL8R
It is just fine. Try it and enjoy its long lived utility.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
December 02, 2017, 03:03 PM
MikeGLI
Get SYBO in here, immediately!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
April 18, 2018, 10:35 AM
GaryBF
Bump to keep it available.