SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'm going to Seatac!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'm going to Seatac! Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
You know when they interview the MVP of the Superbowl and they say they are going to Disneyland? Yeah, it feels like that! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It's a long release date but I'm going! I spent 2 years at Seattle Center. 4 years at Paine. I will have 4 years at Boeing before I go. Big Grin

3 people from Boeing got picked up to the big leagues! I'm coming off a mid so my excitement is tampered but it'll hit shortly. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'M GOING TO SEATAC!!!!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I remember when I joined the board, you were still in plane pusher school.

Outstanding achievement.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I could be more excited for you if I knew what you would be doing and why it is soooo fantastic.
I love Boeing, I have stock, but not as much as my BiL who works for Boeing in Long Beach on the C-17.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Very cool! And quite an accomplishment! Watch out for the occasional joyride pilot, though! Wink

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Congratulations! I remember when I joined the board, you were still in plane pusher school.

Outstanding achievement.

Indeed.

Congratulations.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I could be more excited for you if I knew what you would be doing and why it is soooo fantastic.
I love Boeing, I have stock, but not as much as my BiL who works for Boeing in Long Beach on the C-17.
Sorry, I'm an Air Traffic Controller and am super stoked to be progressing in my career to a higher level facility!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
You know when they interview the MVP of the Superbowl and they say they are going to Disneyland? Yeah, it feels like that! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It's a long release date but I'm going! I spent 2 years at Seattle Center. 4 years at Paine. I will have 4 years at Boeing before I go. Big Grin

3 people from Boeing got picked up to the big leagues! I'm coming off a mid so my excitement is tampered but it'll hit shortly. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'M GOING TO SEATAC!!!!

You poor bastard. And this coming from a resident of Tacoma!

Seriously all the caps lock and exclamation points reflect a ton of excitement and I'm really happy for you!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Could you maybe direct some of the traffic away from flying right over my house? Really harshes my mellow when I'm trying to get drunk and listen to Rush in the middle of the night.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you. More training coming your way soon! More maps and approach’s to memorize. Ah, I remember that well. Probably a little more pay too. Congrats.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thanks for spelling it out for the uniformed.

Watch out for rogue ramp workers commandeering turboprops.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Don’t forget us SWA guys always like extra luv from ATC!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good work.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congratulations and thanks for spelling it out for the uniformed.

And also for the uninformed. Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between Seatac and Seattle Center?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
What is the difference between Seatac and Seattle Center?
Seattle Center is an ARTCC Air Route Traffic Control Center. They work a vast majority of airspace. Seatac Tower controls the pavement at the airport and the surrounding airspace under their jurisdiction. Towers have windows, Centers and Approach Controls don't. Big Grin

Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Phantom!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
So moving up means moving around to larger and busier airports?

What is the progression? What is the biggest plumb?

And congrats. I may not understand why you are excited but I can certainly appreciate that you ARE excited...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
I'M GOING TO SEATAC!!!!

Congratulations!
Does this mean a bump in pay, too?

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post