SIGforum
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'm going to Seatac!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7750019544

August 17, 2018, 02:24 PM
Phantom229
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'm going to Seatac!
You know when they interview the MVP of the Superbowl and they say they are going to Disneyland? Yeah, it feels like that! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It's a long release date but I'm going! I spent 2 years at Seattle Center. 4 years at Paine. I will have 4 years at Boeing before I go. Big Grin

3 people from Boeing got picked up to the big leagues! I'm coming off a mid so my excitement is tampered but it'll hit shortly. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'M GOING TO SEATAC!!!!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.
August 17, 2018, 02:26 PM
ArtieS
Congratulations! I remember when I joined the board, you were still in plane pusher school.

Outstanding achievement.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
August 17, 2018, 02:30 PM
ontmark
Congratulations

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck
August 17, 2018, 02:30 PM
sjtill
I could be more excited for you if I knew what you would be doing and why it is soooo fantastic.
I love Boeing, I have stock, but not as much as my BiL who works for Boeing in Long Beach on the C-17.

August 17, 2018, 02:31 PM
Sigmanic
Very cool! And quite an accomplishment! Watch out for the occasional joyride pilot, though! Wink
August 17, 2018, 02:32 PM
46and2
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Congratulations! I remember when I joined the board, you were still in plane pusher school.

Outstanding achievement.

Indeed.

Congratulations.
August 17, 2018, 02:32 PM
Anubismp
Congrats
August 17, 2018, 02:36 PM
Phantom229
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I could be more excited for you if I knew what you would be doing and why it is soooo fantastic.
I love Boeing, I have stock, but not as much as my BiL who works for Boeing in Long Beach on the C-17.
Sorry, I'm an Air Traffic Controller and am super stoked to be progressing in my career to a higher level facility!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.
August 17, 2018, 02:55 PM
Loswsmith
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
You know when they interview the MVP of the Superbowl and they say they are going to Disneyland? Yeah, it feels like that! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It's a long release date but I'm going! I spent 2 years at Seattle Center. 4 years at Paine. I will have 4 years at Boeing before I go. Big Grin

3 people from Boeing got picked up to the big leagues! I'm coming off a mid so my excitement is tampered but it'll hit shortly. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'M GOING TO SEATAC!!!!

You poor bastard. And this coming from a resident of Tacoma!

Seriously all the caps lock and exclamation points reflect a ton of excitement and I'm really happy for you!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
August 17, 2018, 03:00 PM
airsoft guy
Could you maybe direct some of the traffic away from flying right over my house? Really harshes my mellow when I'm trying to get drunk and listen to Rush in the middle of the night.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
August 17, 2018, 03:20 PM
coloradohunter44
Good luck to you. More training coming your way soon! More maps and approach’s to memorize. Ah, I remember that well. Probably a little more pay too. Congrats.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
August 17, 2018, 03:32 PM
Russ59
Congratulations and thanks for spelling it out for the uniformed.

Watch out for rogue ramp workers commandeering turboprops.

P229
August 17, 2018, 04:07 PM
Puckpilot78
Congrats! Don’t forget us SWA guys always like extra luv from ATC!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...
August 17, 2018, 04:16 PM
jhe888
Good work.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 17, 2018, 05:50 PM
sjtill
quote:
Congratulations and thanks for spelling it out for the uniformed.

And also for the uninformed. Big Grin

August 17, 2018, 05:55 PM
jljones
What is the difference between Seatac and Seattle Center?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

August 17, 2018, 06:02 PM
Phantom229
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
What is the difference between Seatac and Seattle Center?
Seattle Center is an ARTCC Air Route Traffic Control Center. They work a vast majority of airspace. Seatac Tower controls the pavement at the airport and the surrounding airspace under their jurisdiction. Towers have windows, Centers and Approach Controls don't. Big Grin

August 17, 2018, 06:12 PM
Seotaji
Congratulations Phantom!
August 17, 2018, 07:06 PM
mark_a
So moving up means moving around to larger and busier airports?

What is the progression? What is the biggest plumb?

And congrats. I may not understand why you are excited but I can certainly appreciate that you ARE excited...
August 17, 2018, 07:40 PM
mod29
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
I'M GOING TO SEATAC!!!!

Congratulations!
Does this mean a bump in pay, too?