SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What side would you bring to a pig roast?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What side would you bring to a pig roast? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Alcohol, and dessert. Maybe cole slaw unless the host has that covered. Need something vinegary, an astringent flavor to help cut the richness of the meat.

I wanna eat a lot of fine-swine so, all starches are out: no potato salad, no mac salad, no cornbread, no pasta salad, NOPE don't need any filler.

Pig, some veg to move things along, plenty of alcohol and maybe a sweet thing at the end.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Baked beans. BUT...not simply store bought. I loves my peach baked beans with maple syrup and bourbon.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
no bake cookies. Always plenty of baked beans, pot salad etc but deserts are alwats welcomed and everybody likes nobakes

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Creole green beans

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you want to take it up a notch, bring some Southern Peach Cobbler.

I HATE peaches by themselves but can eat a whole tray of Peach Cobbler in one sitting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Vinegar slaw.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Collard greens

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Homemade coleslaw.

Or Elote if you want to make some friends.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
+1 On the mac and cheese. Don't know about banana pudding.

quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Mac and cheese or banana pudding were the first two things to come to my mind.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Does anyone actually like Collard Greens?

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Collard greens

flashguy

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Collard greens are a favorite of mine.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
One of anything mentioned EXCEPT Watermelon(long story).. but still waiting on a invitation to attend !!!!!!! ................drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:
Collard greens

flashguy

Where are you from? They are big in the South.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Wild rice and some kind of chilled salad with lots of greens.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Jello

A salad with any lettuce, but iceberg

Pasta salad, cold

Beer is worth mentioning a fifth time

Ice is nice, it's what happens to water when it gets too cold

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
slaw

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:
Collard greens

flashguy

Does anyone NOT actually like Collards?

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
Applesauce.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I would bring both sides of the pig, and slowly roast the whole hog on a rotisserie spit over a coal fire of apple hardwood...
Big Grin

I didn't see suggestions for Apple Pie or Peach Cobbler ~ Both are the perfect compliment to any Summer event!

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post