SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who likes Rolex watches....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who likes Rolex watches.... Login/Join 
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much James Bond's Omega would sell for?

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Newmans watch..... OK..... I have never been into stuff like that. I had two Submariners and sold them both. They were not for me, I just don't see the value (personally). bought a bunch of G-shocks and Seikos and never looked back! Rolex makes a great watch though, grossly overpriced in my opinion.....

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I would love to have a sumbmariner but don’t want to spend 8k on a watch. I will stick with my Hamilton and tag.

I've had a Tag for about seven years, but pulled the pin and bought this 2001 Submariner a few months ago (Used) for a lot less than $8k. It doesn't have the "Newman" provenance, but (IMHO) looks as nice or better and I saved more than $17.75 million! (Paul Newman's Daytona is pictured below, as is my lowly Submariner. Wink)

Beautiful. This is the one I want. Someday!

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless/platinum yachtmaster, it's not really gaudy.

I have NEVER had a thing for the traditional submariner with the black face/black dial......but 2 of them I do REALLY like.....the anniversary one that has the green face/dial (stainless) and a stainless one with blue face and mother of pearl dial.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I have a stainless/platinum yachtmaster, it's not really gaudy.

I have NEVER had a thing for the traditional submariner with the black face/black dial......but 2 of them I do REALLY like.....the anniversary one that has the green face/dial (stainless) and a stainless one with blue face and mother of pearl dial.

I think the Yachtmaster is one of the finest looking watches. At least the all stainless/platinim version.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I like the Yachtmaster without the metal bands, way more lightweight and comfortable to wear.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Bought my Sub Date 16800 in 1982 for $1175.

First of the high beat movement and sapphire crystal in their sports watches.

Wouldn't part with it for any less than $4K.

Currently wearing the stainless/platinum Yacht-Master, bought it in 2003 for $6500 OTD.

Wouldn't part with it for the same money today as they sell for @ $10,000 now - same watch.

The Newman watch is the penultimate grail watch and sold accordingly.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

Currently wearing the stainless/platinum Yacht-Master, bought it in 2003 for $6500 OTD.

Wouldn't part with it for the same money today as they sell for @ $10,000 now - same watch.

I'll give you 4K for it sight unseen

I have an explorer II polar and a no date sub. Debating a Sub date or sea dweller. 5 digit references are my favorite

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
quote:

I have an explorer II polar and a no date sub. Debating a Sub date or sea dweller. 5 digit references are my favorite

Get the green anniversary SUB they came out with in 2006 or 2007!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
quote:

Truth be told, I had Giovanni (210 Post) service it and a new bracelet and stuck it away for a gift for my daughter's husband down the road.

Sea Dwellers are fat on the wrist. Have plenty of touch up paint on hand for your door jams. Smile

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get the green anniversary SUB they came out with in 2006 or 2007!

I'm a big fan of the ceramic bezels.

posted Hide Post
Snappping twig- Hope you realize that sub is worth more than 4K and have it insured for more nice gift for your son in law. I work just a few blocks from both HQMilton and 210 post st service center. Hq Milton is even more amazing inside than their website suggests. If your a Rolex and watch fan in general. They have other brands

A guy at work has a sea dweller I tried on, it doesnt feel too much fatter than my sub and another guy has a white gold bluesy sub. I tried that on and dang it was much heavier than it looks.

I like a little color on my watches. Too bad (Rolex) people really freak out if you put a green or blue bezel on a standard sub but nobody cares if you buy a GMT and if you buy 2 extra bezels and an extra bracelet jubilee /oyster you can have 6 watch combos. Never mind an unlimited color palette of NATO straps.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
yellow gold. Yuk. Way to 70's.

Add some diamonds to that, especially a bunch of them, and it's instantly cringe worthy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a Rolex GMT II, sold it after three years for within $200 of what I paid at retail. They are rugged and can be cosmetically restored (and otherwise) fairly reasonably. I think of them like a Glock or Sig 320.

I lean toward Patek Phillip but can't afford one.

My favorite brand is Ulysse Nardin. I have one in my safe, I think I'll wear it tomorrow.

Check out this link for some incredible looking pieces.

http://www.watchprosite.com/?p...f&forumid=13&q=forum

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post