SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Franken resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franken resigns Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ll believe he’s resigned when he’s actually resigned and goes home to Frannie Franken...

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
For all of you who think Franken is going to try to stay in office, you're delusional. He's gone. The party sacrificed him for some moral high ground ....against Roy Moore for sure, but the bigger target is the 2018 midterms and the main target is Trump. They need to be able to say they are "zero tolerance" so that they can claim clean hands when they go after Trump for his sexual assault issues.

So Franken is as good as gone. He'll leave when the furor has died down and he can sneak out the back door quietly. But he is gone. Count on it.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I agree. I think the libs are willing to sacrifice a bunch of their own in order to (try to) set the stage for calling for Trump to resign over his "treatment" of women.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hopefully those creeps who dipped into that hush fund are putting the finishing touches on their carefully crafted resignation speeches. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I dunno ... is Franken any less a sociopath than Billary?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
For all of you who think Franken is going to try to stay in office, you're delusional. He's gone. The party sacrificed him for some moral high ground ....against Roy Moore for sure, but the bigger target is the 2018 midterms and the main target is Trump. They need to be able to say they are "zero tolerance" so that they can claim clean hands when they go after Trump for his sexual assault issues.

So Franken is as good as gone. He'll leave when the furor has died down and he can sneak out the back door quietly. But he is gone. Count on it.

Well I for one, can hardly wait to see the new zero tolerance policy in action during the next election. Imagine if you will the number of pure BS accusations that will be flying around every election from now on. Are the Dims really going to take them all seriously? It promises to be comedy gold.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Eventually the 'sexual assault' card will go the way of the 'racist' card. It will just cease to have meaning. Which is too bad because there will be real cases of assault that will not be taken seriously.

Stevie Wonder can see where the dems are going with this, but it won't work. Know why? Honey badger don't give a f**c. Honey badger don't play defense, honey badger only knows offense. They have been trying to hang something on him for two years and everything has failed. The left is absolutely dumfounded that the usual ploys from their worn out playbook are just not working.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

That may be so, but I want to see him tarred and feathered, and run out of town on a rail!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.startribune.com/tra...-moves-in/467678623/

A spokesman for Franken said he had formally submitted a letter of resignation to Gov. Mark Dayton. A copy of the letter was not immediately available, but the spokesman said the resignation would take effect in the afternoon.

Franken’s replacement, Lt. Gov. Tina Smith, will be sworn in Wednesday when Congress reconvenes.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Hit the road Jack!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bye !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Former Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is considering running for the recently vacated U.S. Senate seat held by Al Franken.

“I’ve had people contact me and urge me to run for that Senate seat,” Bachmann said recently on televangelist Jim Bakker's television show. “And the only reason I would run is for the ability to take these principles into the United States Senate and to be able to advocate for these principles.”

Bachmann, a religious conservative who served four terms in Congress, said she and her husband are considering the option to run for Franken’s Senate seat, but said there’s “a price you pay” when running for a political office of that stature.

“The question is, is it—should it be me? Should it be now? But there’s also a price you pay. And the price is bigger than ever because the swamp is so toxic,” Bachmann said, noting her and her husband “aren’t money people.”

The one-time Republican presidential candidate said it'd be pricey to "defend yourself ... You can have frivolous lawsuits filed against you all the time and then what do you do?"

“If you’re going against the tide in D.C., if you’re trying to stand for biblical principles in D.C. and you stick your head up out of the hole, you know, the blades come whirring and they try to chop you off,” Bachmann said. “This is not an easy place to be.”

Bachmann unsuccessfully ran for the Republican Party nomination in the 2012 presidential race, and is a deeply conservative Republican with a history of making controversial statements, including suggesting in 2012 that the federal government was being overtaken by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Franken officially resigned from his Senate seat Tuesday after numerous sexual misconduct allegations were made against him late last year. Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith, who was selected to take over Franken's seat, is expected to be sworn in Wednesday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ens-senate-seat.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
^^^^ If she runs I will send her money for her campaign

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't believe I would send money to anyone who has any connection with Jim Bakker .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I don't believe I would send money to anyone who has any connection with Jim Bakker .

I understand it's your money, and you have the absolute right to spend however you like. But, between Bachman and a Rat, who would you support?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
AMF. I would absolutely support Bachman. She's pretty damn sharp.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
His last act as senator was a Christmas goose on the way out the door.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
There has to be a reason he waited until today to make it official. Either he qualified for more benefits or it lengthened the amount of time the appointee has before facing an election.

There's an angle somewhere

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
There has to be a reason he waited until today to make it official. Either he qualified for more benefits or it lengthened the amount of time the appointee has before facing an election.

There's an angle somewhere

I seem to recall him saying something about wanting to vote against the tax bill before retreating.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He never belonged there in the first place. He stole his election and putrefied the congress every moment he occupied his seat. I think the only serious period of his life was while he held that office. Up until then he wore clown shoes. Let's hope we've seen the end of Al Franken. May he rot in obsolescence.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post