SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson: Zen Master
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson: Zen Master Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how I missed this video up until now. This is fascinating. I have known or agree with much of what is said in this video but I lack the ability to articulate it as well as it is done in this video.

I looked at the code of an embedded video so I could attempt to make this video embed. Fingers crossed this works.

Link to video

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thank you smschulz!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I started watching the documentary intending to break up the viewing into two or three segments; I watched all the way through. Following that, I again watched the Jordan Peterson/Cathy Newman interview. It was a good morning.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
... Jordan Peterson/Cathy Newman ....

To quote that true American, brilliant philosopher, and intellectual giant:

"She's about as sharp as a bowling ball."
Foghorn Leghorn

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Some good info in that video. Take a listen to what Peterson says between 7:30 and 10:05 in that video. Listen closely to what he says. Play it twice.

"Differences in intelligence are not the prime determinant of differences in political belief."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
One of Professor Peterson’s best interviews, In my humble opinion.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TVYDdZWUWlE&feature=share

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This is the first time I've watched the "Glitch" video. Wow. Many important concepts and points. Intelligence vs personality vs political leanings. The importance of moderation and rationale discourse. How the left may be more probable to be more extreme than the right. One of the videos here also had a point which struck me and doesn't seem to be stressed nearly enough to people - there is more to a right. There is responsibility - with the right comes tremendous responsibility. Responsibility that these days is casually shed.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Professor Peterson has been attacked via the Board that licenses clinical psychologists in Ontario.

The basic demand is he subject himself to re-education in leftist ideology or his license is revoked.

Article on this, with Professor Peterson’s response.

This was triggered by 15 complaints filed over years an years.

I am going to find the names of those people on this re-education CHEKA, and proposed a compliant writing campaign against them.

Look here for more on this campaign tomorrow.

Nice is overrated

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
From what I understand Dr. Peterson has filed suit against this board. By doing this he's going to make sure this sees the light of day.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He should go to the class just to fuck with them.
Nobody is going to outwit him, that is for sure.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Will those assholes try to ‘Randle McMurphy’ this genius?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Dr. Peterson has posted the Ontario College of Psychologists complaints against him. He has decided to tell them to pound sand, he is not responding, and to take his license, if they dare.

Twitter posts, statements made during lectures, general microaggressions and safe spaces bullshit are the bases of the complaints. Factually incorrect statements about being Professor Peterson's patients were taken at face value.

They should be asking Professor Peterson to advise them on social media use.

ETA: Holy cow, people are organizing a protest outside this Kangaroo Kollege for tomorrow 11 January 2023. I’ve seen statements that there is a digital event, but can’t find solid information on it.

It also looks as if Professor Peterson is suing them.

Lastly, someone thought attacking Professor Peterson’s professional license was a good idea, then gave him the underlying documents and thought the documents wouldn’t get sent around the world. So now, the College, if stupid enough to go through with this travesty, will also see what nonsense they expect him to parrot made public.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I didn't know if I should embed a video that's two hours long. This is Dr. Peterson interview one of this countries heavy hitting scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen. Worth the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVSrTZDopM

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I didn't know if I should embed a video that's two hours long. This is Dr. Peterson interview one of this countries heavy hitting scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen. Worth the time.

His podcasts are always fascinating. I think I’m pretty widely read, but Professor Peterson and his guests often leave me feeling like I’m intellectually challenged.

Nice is overrated

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

His podcasts are always fascinating. I think I’m pretty widely read, but Professor Peterson and his guests often leave me feeling like I’m intellectually challenged.

I have a hard time listening to his podcast. I think he's a great when he's being interviewed and great on a panel, but when he's interviewing someone it seems like he
doesn't know how to ask a question and get out of the way. He just does long monologues then asks the guest "so what do ya think about that?" I could only make it through about an hour his recent one with Amala Ekpunobi because she didn't really get to say much the whole time and I felt like it could have been a great interview if he let her do most of the talking.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
If you're interested in the topic of climate change listen to this pod. I know what you mean about Peterson. Once his train gets rolling, but I was noted he did a decent job of staying out of Dr. Lindzen's way on this show. Dr. Peterson knew he had a heavy hitter in his field, and acted accordingly.

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're interested in the topic of climate change listen to this pod. I know what you mean about Peterson. Once his train gets rolling, but I was noted he did a decent job of staying out of Dr. Lindzen's way on this show. Dr. Peterson knew he had a heavy hitter in his field, and acted accordingly.

I did listen to that one and enjoyed it very much. I try to listen to most of his podcasts, but I don't make it through many of them.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post