SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mac mouse options?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mac mouse options? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've tried the trackpad and the OEM Apple mice, but honestly largely prefer these. And I have a trackpad and Magic Mouse, yet use these. The Magic Mouse is heavy in the hand.

jelly Comb 2.4G Slim Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver, Less Noise, Portable Mobile Optical Mice for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, Macbook - Black and Gray

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I also have the Apple Bluetooth but after trying a couple of different manufacturers, I found one of the Insignia models that performed best. (NS-PNM6103-BK-C). I like having the other buttons also.

This one seems to have the best battery life.

They have been discontinued by Insignia but are still available at Best Buy and other places.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trackpad. Gestures are just so much more useful.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I upgraded from the Magic Mouse that took batteries to the one with a built in battery. It lasts an extremely long time. Very happy with it. I do have a nice, large (I have big hands) Logitech MX Master at work and the extra buttons are nice but the Apple one works fine. I may consider the trackpad sometime in the future.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Apple magic mouse that came with my '12 iMac is the biggest piece of shit wireless mouse I have ever owned. It's final fate was in a ziploc bag and being smashed with a 4lb hammer. Here were my grievances:
  • It ate batteries so I switched to Eneloop and was swapping batteries every weekend. It was only used nights and weekends.
  • The wear bars that it glides on came loose, but only one at a time so it glided like crap.
  • The software was glitchy and the mouse jumped like crazy so I had to install MagicPrefs to smooth it out. At one point, MagicPrefs was one of the most downloaded OSX programs so I wasn't the only one having problems.

Finally, I said screw it and bought a bluetooth Logitech M535 and am happy with performance. Best ambidextrous OSX mouse I've used.

For my MacBook Pro, I decided to go more ergonomic. I prefer to mouse lefty, but I'm ambidextrous and there isn't crap in OSX ergonomix lefty mice. I've been using this righty vertical mouse since December and I'm very happy with performance and comfort. Only downside is it's 2.4G wireless so I have to plug the dongle into a USB-C adaptor for it to work in my MacBook Pro.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Jimbo Jones
    posted Hide Post
    I really like the Magic Mouse 2. I hated changing the batteries all the time in the original MM. Also the battery cover was frequently coming loose. After the USB plug on a wired mouse that travels with me for work got squashed in my computer bag, I bought another MM2. I have around four of them in all.

When the battery is low I just plug it in over night via USB for charging. And it actually has vertical and horizontal scrolling capability...its got a sort of trackpad on the top surface.

Also love the small bluetooth keyboard (typing on it right now).

JB

---------------------------------------
    It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SIG 229R
    posted Hide Post
    As I said in my O/P the cord on the original mouse was stiff and cumbersome and always getting in the way of movement, I had an old Logitech M325 that I had been using on my old windows machine which I am using right now. The only thing I do not like about it is the fact it has a smooth scroll instead of one that has a definitive click for each line you move.

So all said and done I think I may just continue with it for a while. I just thought I might be able to get an OEM cordless that would be better. Anyway thanks for all the help guys.

SigP229R
    Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
    Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
    I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Spiritually Imperfect
    Picture of VictimNoMore
    posted Hide Post
    Apple Magic Mouse 2 lover, here.
    Had one at my previous position, but am stuck with a big-box store wired mouse on my new position's Windows box.
    Going without, I realized just how good the MM2 is, and that its price is justified.
    I bring my Macbook Pro to work as well. I just plopped $76 for a new Magic Mouse 2 on Amazon, last night. Can't wait for it to get here.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Apple bluetooth mouse, what I want to know is are they as good and reliable as the ones from Logitech with the USB receiver and do they work as well.

As good or better. Now that they have a BT keyboard with a number keypad as well, you should look into that as well. I love mine.

Battery life is pretty incredible and the recharging connection is the same USB-C as my phone, etc. that's already laying on the desk. I've never had battery get close to dead, just occurs to me to plug it in every 3-4 months. Probably been 2 months since last time, just looked, mouse is at 65% keyboard at 78%.

Only complaint was having to change the "orientation" as they default feels backwards to this long time PC user.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ftttu
    posted Hide Post
    I went Mac the day Windows 8 was released since I really really didn't like those stupid color tiles. That day, I discovered the Apple Magic Mouse, which I can't say enough good things about.

Its swiping and scrolling with the top surface was so much better than a mouse wheel. I spread the news about it back then, and others who got them were as happy as I was.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post