SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Really Cheap Beer
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really Cheap Beer Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
Liquor store had an ad yesterday for 30 packs of Miller High Life and High Life Light for $7.99.

Guess what my guests are drinking this Summer?

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Great deal but I haven’t seen prices like that around here.
You should post that in the thread about living frugally Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine is in quality control for Miller Coors in Golden, CO.

I recently learned that if they are low on a particular batch, say High Life, they'll add Coors Light or something into that batch. So your Miller High Life could be part Coors something.

I was surprised by this - you'd think there'd be some consistency.

But I guess shitty beer is shitty beer - who cares, right?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
That’s one way to keep guests away. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend of mine is in quality control for Miller Coors in Golden, CO.
I recently learned that if they are low on a particular batch, say High Life, they'll add Coors Light or something into that batch. So your Miller High Life could be part Coors something.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not surprised. Rocky Mountain spring water. HAHA. I toured the brewery years ago in my twenties with friends. At that time they allowed the workers to drink beer on their lunch hour. We thought that sounded great. The water looked green.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
What’s that Intercourse on a canoe joke...
Sorry for trolling. Too easy.

Interesting info on the,”how they do it” tho...

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I loves me some Champagne! The High Life is excellent brew. Wish we had that deal around here.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rock forever!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I noticed you said guests and not friends. Hopefully they’re not one and the same.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6730 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 80’s, I worked at a North Central Ohio beer distributor. I was sending 2 semis a day to Pittsburgh picking up what was then the cheap beer....generic BEER and LIGHT. It was a great job for a kid right out of college. I don’t remember the pricing then but soon the Shaefer, Goebel...Wiedemann pricing came down to match the generic stuff.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ashland, Ohio | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High Life is perfectly fine gardening beer.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen prices like that since buying cases of Beast (Milwaukee’s Best) in college in the late 90's.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
High Life is perfectly fine gardening beer.

Slugs love that shit. Just make sure to clean out the bowls every other day. Will get rid of slugs in your garden within a week.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Rolling Rock forever!

went downhill after they were sold to ABInbev and move production,,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keenguy211:
Back in the early 80’s, I worked at a North Central Ohio beer distributor. I was sending 2 semis a day to Pittsburgh picking up what was then the cheap beer....generic BEER and LIGHT. It was a great job for a kid right out of college. I don’t remember the pricing then but soon the Shaefer, Goebel...Wiedemann pricing came down to match the generic stuff.

I was a meat cutter in College, worked for Winn Dixie,
we would put Red White and Blue,or Schaffers on sale for 99cts a 6pack,

Mickey's Big Mouth for around $1.75 or so,,

good times,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Haven't seen prices like that since buying cases of Beast (Milwaukee’s Best) in college in the late 90's.

$4.98 a case at Camp Casey in '94

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Rolling Rock forever!

went downhill after they were sold to ABInbev and move production,,,,

Was a huge RR fan. Have all the posters they sent to their drinkers a couple of decades ago. My Son has them in his Apt.

I do think it changed after it was sold.

Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a guy at college who worked for the local AB plant. He sold scratch and dent cases outside the dorms for $5 every Friday.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Hamm's or Busch might be cheaper on any given day. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
In college, we were getting Old Milwaukee for under $2.50/case. Of course we were buying 400+ cases at a time.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post