SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Check out this LEO shooting - Huntington Beach, CA
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out this LEO shooting - Huntington Beach, CA Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Fight a cop and chances are your gonna die.

Going to :51 of the video and see what happens.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Second video, can't seem to find it on YouTube yet.

Thanks for that. It shows an earlier part of the incident, and it almost appears as if the shootee is holding something like a knife that he uses for the attack on the officer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is why I hate these video clips of shootings. The second vid sheds a LOT more light on this. Without the second vid, the first is out of context.

That dude pulled the taser wires out like a damn terminator or something!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Thanks for that. It shows an earlier part of the incident, and it almost appears as if the shootee is holding something like a knife that he uses for the attack on the officer.

And that was the extra perspective I was looking for.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

And that was the extra perspective I was looking for.

Me, too.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Suicide by cop.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Cops may complain a lot about videos - but that second - longer vid - from inside the car will likely be the evidence that exonerates him.

He acted appropriately.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Looks like the cop was having his hands full with the guy. If the cop now says he was in fear for his life it was probably because he was. And like in so many of these instances, America is a better place. Its just my opinion but he seemed to get what he deserved.

Remember all cops aren't champion level prize fighters. On a daily basis a cop someplace gets his ass handed to him. Some lack a sense of humor about it up the ante by deciding its not going to happen.

Lucky for all of us guns, or at least good guns, are pretty expensive. Drunks, druggies or just combative folks have other uses for their hard stolen funds. Worse, if the deceased is described as being "down on his luck" he needed to stop playing games of chance. That second video had the cop backpedaling the width of the store front. I wonder how many others weren't armed and got their ass kicked by that aggressive guy. Probably for no reason at all.

Maybe it was a good lesson for those young girls to realize its not a game.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Don't pull on Superman's cape.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Embedding disabled. 2nd video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKWHXI-izG8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Second video really helps. The perp had to have been on some wild drug at the time.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Do what the cop says...the street is not the time nor place to argue your case=that is what court is for.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I don't have a blind respect for authority, I tend to question its validity before I give in to it.

However, I'm not going to walk down a cop, or resist or even talk shit to one. It's exactly what you don't do. You "tell'm nothing they got nothing", that's the proper way to deal with police. Let your lawyer do his job.

I keep seeing these "graphic video warning" and watching people die. I'm unaffected now. I feel no remorse or anything resembling it. You fucked up, mess with the bull get the horns jack ass.

That guy would still be here today eating a mcdonalds happy meal if he justs shut the fuck up and let the cop do his job.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
That longer video is a must see to gain perspective. Advancing and attacking a cop isn't going to end well, and the cop has no obligation to allow the elevation of risk to his safety

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Dumb. Just dumb.

Guess he won't make the next Antifa gathering.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Let's see if I've got this right. Seven rounds fired insured...
  • No more EBT cost for taxpayers
  • No more legal and incarceration costs for taxpayers
  • No more threats to law enforcement or innocents
  • No more pollution of the gene pool
  • No more "He was turning his life around"nonsense
I fail to see the downside in any of this. 'Disturbing'? Not in the least. Given his behavior, I would find his continued existence disturbing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I've read that he used a .45, Sig P220 to take him down.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
That cannot be true. He would have been thrown backwards through the plate glass window.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One factor often ignored or glossed over - lethal threat isn't the only acceptable justification ... force likely to result in / produce great or serious bodily injury meets the deadly force standard as well. An impact weapon can break a bone in one's hand or arm, OC may adversely impact ones ability to stay in the fight. The suspect has already aggressed the officer, backing him up some distance. At that it appears the officer was begining to gain control, the suspect - who has been tugging at the officer's equipment - now has a small dark object in hand. Baton, magazine, flashlight, knife ... any of which could result in impairment or serious bodily injury. Remember, while coppers are held accountable for how a tool is used - i.e: don't put the OC spray cannister right the guy's eyeball - crooks are not.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Here's the video on my GrumpyBiker FB page.
Shows him being teased & walking thru that & assaulting the officer.

Bad decisions have serious consequences.
Bet that stupid fucker didn't think he'd be ventilated that day.

https://www.facebook.com/Grump...sts/1757928647833549

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post