SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stock Market Bargains and the Virus
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Market Bargains and the Virus Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Hopped in @ 18, got out at 47. Kodak just paid for my SP5 in 2 minutes Eek

That was a good trade!
Would you do it again @32?

Robinhood day traders has made "investing" into "speculation". It's really gambling, because the stock price isn't driven by company fundamentals anymore. It's all about getting in before everyone else does on Robinhood, and then getting back out before everyone else does. It's like trying to navigate a crowd at a music festival.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Well fuck. That would have been handy to know.
Oh well, glad someone got a chunk.

Yesterday, KODK was trading at like $2. Word got out, and it jumped to $8 during the day. The official announcement came after trading had closed for the day, but after hours trading pushed it up to $16ish through the night. When the market opened, all the kids on Robinhood jumped in, pushed it up to $60 and quickly dumped it...a lot of people made a lot of money...and a lot of people lost a lot of money. You would have just as likely been someone who lost a bunch of money as someone who benefited. It's basically gambling at this point. You get lucky, or you get burned.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I bought some more around $32 with house money in case it runs again.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Ramius, what platform are you trading with? I'm using Vanguard for investing, but it's not really set up for shit like this. I need something with better data visuals.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Ramius, what platform are you trading with? I'm using Vanguard for investing, but it's not really set up for shit like this. I need something with better data visuals.

I'm using TD Ameritrade, but I hear Robinhood is better for data.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I have TD Ameritrade accounts but apparently I'm not using the research function as well as you Ramius. I've stumbled around trying to figure out how to set it up, but gave up since I came to believe the market has become a slot machine. Maybe I'm missing something basic though?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have TD Ameritrade accounts but apparently I'm not using the research function as well as you Ramius. I've stumbled around trying to figure out how to set it up, but gave up since I came to believe the market has become a slot machine. Maybe I'm missing something basic though?

I really didnt do any research, just heard the news last night and decided to play. Luck, no skill with this trade. Smile

Keep your eyes and ears open for the next company Trump decides to throw a ton of cash at. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

I really didnt do any research, just heard the news last night and decided to play. Luck, no skill with this trade. Smile

Keep your eyes and ears open for the next company Trump decides to throw a ton of cash at. Smile

Nice !!

-------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I think it’s high was $60!

posted Hide Post
holy cow

that GDP number Eek

we knew it was coming...

-----------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Anybody buying Kodak now that price is below $10?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Gold and Silver continue to sky rocket.

On a more morbid note: does anyone here adjust dramatically their portfolio right before an election as a matter of hedging?

Should (God forbid) Biden gets in I would imagine the market takes a hit and probably a big one.

If so when would start and to what extent?

God the stakes are high this year but anything can happen and risking some short term gains when DJT is re-elected vs some huge loses if he is not .... no doubt concerns me.

YTD my portfolio has never been better partially due to the metals market now and the rest that DJT has kept us with hope.

I surely hope he can convey this more during the campaign.

MAGA all the way.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Should have went way heavier with Vista Outdoors.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Biotech OMEROS (OMER currently at 15.90) looks interesting for the next couple of years.

So far so good. Excellent results from COVID treatment trial. Up 50% today.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that KODK party was short-lived.

---------------------------------

Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Should have went way heavier with Vista Outdoors.

Me too. I bought at around $8 but didn't go all in.
Right now I'm wondering how high it will go and also how high Lowe's will go. I'm really considering selling Lowe's.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
So OKE and XOM have both dipped under my cost basis and I was thinking about picking up some more shares, anyone buying either right now?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
So OKE and XOM have both dipped under my cost basis and I was thinking about picking up some more shares, anyone buying either right now?

The market seems to hate oil related stocks right now. I think prices will be lower still in a short while.

The pundits seem to think we will all convert to electric cars. I am more concerned about the lack of fuel used by the airlines.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:

i have been thinking about more XOM.

but i feel like -- if they cut their dividend... which some 'experts' say they might - it would go lower possibly quite a bit.

i'm on the fence. i have invested about $15K in XOM and RDS-B this year. i'm down some on those. but they are long-term plays in that very cyclical industry. would be hard to pass up the closer it drops to $35 / share

(I bought them for the re-invested dividends / long term income potential.)

--------------------------------

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Dividend aristocrats often take on debt to keep from cutting dividends. That da category is rare air and those there protect their position. Walgreens is another aristocrat that is paying near 5%. Not touting either but dividend stocks are my specialty and when the rate gets out of traditional norms it's often a good time to investigate. I'm probably going to buy some xom and I've held Walgreens for 30 years.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post