SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are your passions that we don’t know about......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your passions that we don’t know about...... Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
What are your hobbies, passions, that are a big part of your life that we at Sigforum don’t know about. What are yours. Show us!!!!!!!!! Pics mandatory.

Mine is music, particularly guitar. Finally, at a stage in my life where I can fulfill lifelong desires to learn to play. It has been an on-off thing my whole life. Now it’s “the” time.

Some of my fold... https://imgur.com/a/cUL7GVm

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exploring the woods and trails with my wife. We spend WAY more time riding than I do shooting.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Plumb bobs.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure a lot if you know about this, but my true passion is going off road. Someday I would like a Wrangler Rubicon lifted and on 37’s. Until then, the Tacoma gets me a lot of places.

I have a YouTube Channel if anyone is interested. https://youtube.com/user/beancooker

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Boating on Lake Erie with Family and Friends.
OH did I mention Walleye Fishing. Big Grin [IMG:left] [/IMG][IMG:right] [/IMG]

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Beancooker made me post this ;-)..my passion is extended Overland travel and the more remote the better. Here are a couple from Namibia..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Music in general and guitars in particular as important activities to me are probably pretty well known. What may not be is Spanish language. I love the language and have worked to improve my fluency in it for a long, long time. It started with living almost 20 years in Arizona and going to college at UofA in Tucson, continued with a couple of years on a horse farm with many Spanish speaking hands. I’ve taken what community college courses were available to me and use Duolingo (nearly two years now) to increase vocabulary. Guitar in the morning, Spanish in the afternoon. Yeah, living in Wyoming increases the degree of difficulty in attaining anything approaching fluency.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Getting out on the water in our canoe.

Working on the property with my tractor.

Riding the UTV around the property.

Riding and traveling on various motorcycles. (LOL of course many of you probably already knew this.)

Camping

I've always combined camping with motorcycle travel, and still do, but lately I've been enjoying traveling some by car and camping with my friend.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I read some. These are some books I’ve read recently and are now waiting to be given away.

I have about 350 titles in my Nook e-reader, all but a few of which I have finished reading. Although I don’t still own all of them, my physical library listing has over 2100 titles. A few of that list are references or others that I haven’t read cover to cover, but I’ve read the vast majority of them.

I also regularly read articles from The Wall Street Journal, the science journals Nature and Nature Astronomy, plus the membership journals of the American Radio Relay League, the National Rifle Association, Mensa, and the Military Officers Association.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like to collect and warehouse random junk to build store displays. When given a list of materials, some times I am given a budget that pays more for old boots (among other things) than new ones. Even paid someone else to wear them for a few years. Just something to keep my mind busy if nothing else.

At one time I found 200+ factory shop manuals and would read them every now and then. Some like to sit down with a James Patterson book, I like wiring diagrams and technical service bullitens. Then I realized what each manual would sell for. Eek
Bunch of manuals for the Cavalier, F-150, Allante', Tacoma, Firenza, Viper, etc... and some have the parts and illustration manuals to go with them. So now I can learn how to rebuild a Cummins or do a wheel alignment on a Viper. I think it would be easier to rebuild a Cummins.
They come in handy when adding options (raiding the corporate parts bin) to trucks that they weren't equipped with or weren't available when they were made.

Right now I'm cleaning out some woods in the back yard. There was a house that was built in the 1800s and burned in the 1960s. It had a well that is crazy deep. It could hold about three school busses. I've also found some neat stuff back there and have a good way to go before I'm done.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have gotten into guitars. I just bought a pedal steel I just started learning. I have started roasting my own coffee. Huge improvement and amazing how many kinds of green coffee beans are available.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Motorcycles

Dioramas

Scale models

Old Tractors

Creating yard art out of agricultural junk.

Just to name a few... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Even after making and selling over 11,000 salt and pepper mills over a 12 year period I still enjoy making them. I'm in the shop almost everyday, I enjoy the smell of freshly machined wood and the beauty of the grain. I've often been asked about using a duplicator, my reply is always the same, ' it would take all the fun out of making one'. That still holds true today.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m really looking forward to warmer weather and lots of trail riding.

The next time you guys see this bike it will be converted to a 48v 1500w e bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make vanilla extract. Bourbon, Vodka, Rum, Brandy, etc. Have one batch that has been soaking for 5 years.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I make guitar pedals and other electronic projects. This one is a Klon circuit for a friend.

I have another on the bench ready for an enclosure that I plan to karma to someone here.

I make YouTube videos about the process: https://www.youtube.com/c/HomespunEffects

The transformers on the bench are for a Marshall 50W that I'm planning to build.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Now that we are retired-
Really just starting to get it ready, so far lift, Upper Control Arms, upgrade battery, rims and tires:

Lexus by Jorge Jimenez, on Flickr

And my favorite hobby for many years:

Drums by Jorge Jimenez, on Flickr

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I read & collect (accumulate) books. I'm rather fond of old Encyclopedias.

Also very interested in the history of the Roman Republic and Empire. Particularly Roman military of mid 1st century.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
No pics to post, but I enjoy film cameras and 8-bit computers.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Competitive Pickleball. Pre-COVID was 6 time a week for 3+ hours and 6-8 tournaments a year including National Senior Games (2015, 17, & 19).

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post