SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite Christmas carol?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Christmas carol? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Little Drummer Boy... Little Drummer Boy... Little Drummer Boy!

Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Little Drummer Boy... Little Drummer Boy... Little Drummer Boy!

Smile

Another one to learn!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The Carpenters - Merry Christmas Darling. Religious-based, I'd have to go with Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
O Come O Come Emmanuel. I love the ancient melody.

Excellent song. I also really enjoy "In the Bleak Midwinter".

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Burnette.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
the Welsh lullaby Suo Gan. Not really a christmas carol but i think it's beautiful.

The Irish Tenors did a version in english.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
First Place: Little Drummer Boy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redleg2/9,

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2274 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Little drummer boy

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Burnette.

Yeah, she was great!

But what about O'Connor?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Mine too.

A few years ago my church hired a professional tenor to solo this at the Christmas Eve service during the candle lighting. Just thinking about it now brings me goosebumps and makes my eyes well up.

quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
O Holy Night ...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNNwQ85xoxU,,,,,,,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbODSEP9m_A,,,,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYbWOEAApuQ....TSO,Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and a classic French song I grew up with.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Angels we have heard on high.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I like Coventry Carol, which isn't even about Christmas, but it has a haunting melody and is very old.

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Burnett

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After working for over40 years in retail I don’t care for any Christmas music, I don’t hate it but after hearing them over and over for years they just don’t float my boat.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say my favorite is Es ist ein Ros entsprungen (Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming). Not a carol, but very fond of the Christmas portion of the Messiah, especially the choruses such as "Unto Us A Child is Born".

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Mary, Did You Know

I like both the Kenny Rogers and Pentatonix versions. I love the lyrics.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joy to the World.... yeah I like that one....

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
O Come O Come Emmanuel. I love the ancient melody.

It is technically an Advent hymn, but I won't split hairs.
This.

It’s from the O Antiphons, which are sung the 7 days prior to Christmas. Just love it.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
O Holy Night

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post