SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common Login/Join 
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post

The Eastwood Version.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Already posted.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Already posted.

I looked but Rushbro's is gone, broken link??

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
2 days later and I still don't believe this is the actually picture.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This is what you get when you hire a painter based off of his skin color and not his qualifications.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...and how much he hates white people and the United States.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I saw them, I told my wife "I can't believe that . They both look like fucking idio......Uh oh. Most realistic portraits ever."

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
This is what you get when you hire a painter based off of his skin color and not his qualifications.

Imagine the reaction if Trump put a call out for portraits for him and FLOTUS for a white artist. Not saying that's what king stampy feet did, but it sure is amazing if they were color blind in their selection and both ended up with black artists. Somebody needs to see their short list and press them to confirm their artist choice was racially motivated.

Affirmative action artist selection or just purely racist artist selection criteria results in making them look like fools for eternity instead of just for decades.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The guy who did that police stetch would have been a better pick.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I would like to ask one of the gushy NYT/WP reporters,"What if Bush had commissioned a painter who previously painted white women beheading black women, holding the knife in one hand and the severed black head in the other. What would your response have been?"

I know, I know, wasting my breath. But I think these progressive racists need to be called out, every time.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:

I find it hard to believe that there aren't any truly talented black portrait artists out there.

However, by selecting these two clowns, the Obamas have basically said "We wanted black artists, and these were the best we could get"

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find it hard to believe that there aren't any truly talented black portrait artists out there.

One of my customers had this up in his house. It's a better painting.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:

However, by selecting these two clowns, the Obamas have basically said "We wanted black artists, and these were the best we could get"

I'm sure there are better black portrait artists, but selecting an artist based on the color of their skin is racist, as all of us here know.

These portraits are supposed to be for the masses. I have no problem with artists doing weird shit that only a small percentage of the population will "get"/enjoy, but this was not the appropriate place for that kind of art. Just add it to the long list of Obama miscalculations.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It's a damn shame that the "dogs playing poker" guy wasn't available.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I like it. I think it bring more honor to his time than he ever did.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Of course there are, they just didn't pick one. They picked "artists" who have a "unique" way of presenting Black people. Well, they got what they asked for--portraits that are totally inappropriate for the venue in which they are to be displayed.

Perhaps we should have the agency doing the commission also pick the artist.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see it lined up with the other Presidential portraits. I bet he looks like the fool he is.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Perfect, in the future folks will look back and say, WTF, and it will require a display that explains the meaning because nobody will get it.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I'd like to see it lined up with the other Presidential portraits. I bet he looks like the fool he is.
Yep; he'll be the kid in the school yearbook that crossed his eyes or made a derp face. Years later, even the kids with horrible acne looked more mature.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Told ya he was a soros plant.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post