SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Looks like Wiley spent some time getting the long, straight hair right.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Lol..... I had forgotten. Chuck with leaves.....

Apropos.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I am afraid I have damaged my lungs laughing at this thread.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
That looks dumb as hell.
I understand the artists were chosen because of their special way of depicting African-American people. Aren't those just so "special"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'm a little wierded out by the 6 fingers on his left hand...like this guy:

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Yes!!!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I thought the official ones had already been done?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You guys should give these artists a break-- it's not easy painting on velvet.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I am so glad this loser -who has nothing but contempt for America - is no longer in charge.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
lkdr1989, et al, do you see why it's important to use CLEAR AND UNAMBIGUOUS subject lines?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...530096734#6530096734

Please don't make extra work for staff members here, cleaning up this stuff.

Clear and unambiguous, please

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The obama paintings look like the trash pictures nobody steals from a curbside eviction pile.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
As a public service for those who may have been momentarily dizzy after viewing the Obama as ponce pic above, note the guns on Mooch. Eek Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Just showing his feminine side.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I think those paintings are perfect. That’s what you get when you choose participation trophy artists who have never been subjected to criticism.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Terrible painting for a terrible presidency. It seems quite appropriate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Monica Showalter gets right to the point in this column.

http://www.americanthinker.com...ficial_portrait.html

February 13, 2018
What's wrong with Obama's hand in that official portrait?
By Monica Showalter
I'm gonna go out on a limb here: I generally like the Obama official portrait. It's an odd style, but it expresses him, and what's more, it reflects the art of his era. It has a background that appears computer-generated as a pattern, with a quite flattering visage of the first black president in a realistic rendition in the foreground. It's a composition that creates the appearance of vector art mixed with a photograph, very modern in the era of cell phones and quite similar to the animation being produced by Hollywood in this era. I can feel the vibe of Playa del Rey and South Central and Melrose Avenue all through this piece. And Obama, of course, spent massive time during his presidency hobnobbing with the likes of Harvey Weinstein and other Hollywood bigs at fundraisers.

I like the arresting flower wallpaper and the tieless Obama sitting in the middle of it – because it's so him. It's good just as Peter Hurd's official portrait of Lyndon Baines Johnson was good. (That was a more-flattering-than-he-deserved portrait, done in the most modern representational style of the era, which was in the characteristic renditions of this Western artist, who also did this beautiful piece.) Johnson, inexplicably, hated it and got a poem about it by Richard Wilbur for his idiocy. Obama, on the other hand, loved his image, which says something about him as well, in more ways than one.

Here's the problem: it's not drawn very well. The work shows a lack of skill in the basic rendering of an image. The hands are out of proportion in size, even placed in the foreground, overly big. One might be able to write that off as intentional. But the front hand itself has problems in construction, at least if the aim is to create a realistic hand placed against a surreal background...

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I agree with Monica. Basically it sucks bigtime. I dunno nuffin about art but I know what I like and that ain't it. And the portrait of Mooshe is even worse.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's got six fingers, for God's sake.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the blowback from those paintings if they artists had been Caucasian?

I would question the sanity of the male artist just based on his suit choice for the reveal.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post