SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free at last, Hooyah Montana! Added a small book karma
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free at last, Hooyah Montana! Added a small book karma Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute...I thought this was the beginning of a new Jack Reacher movie.

While is was reading this I heard the music of Miss You by The Rolling Stones.

Congratulations are in order.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Hey you might qualify for this. Q's thread

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’ll see you in late June. My son and I visit a ranch near Big Timber every year.

Gorgeous country and wonderful people.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent 12 yrs in that area, my forum name will make sense now to you

Panoramic Peak is my personal solstice and spiritual place in the Missions

Welcome

Time to run up to Hungry Horse and grab a shake at the huckleberry patch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Wait a minute, back up to the two Spanish girls part of the story... Big Grin

So one time at band camp...seriously, was just pulling up to the main gate and these two young things were hitch hiking into the park. Picked them up and dropped them off at half dome tent camp. Said they were from Spain and headed to Vegas after climbing up the back side of half dome. Thing is they had these tiny backpacks and yoga pants and no water. Gave them the rest of my case of water but, pretty sure they were bear food.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Good for you. Where did you grow up in Ohio? I live here in the snow belt. Oh yeah,, what about those Spanish girls?

Lorain county, tiny farm town near Strongsville.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
Hey you might qualify for this. Q's thread

Q is one amazingly generous man, this forum is truly blessed to have him and his depth of knowledge of the 228 is beyond impressive.

For 4 years I was issued a 226, but my personal carry and first purchase was a 228. Sadly lost it in the field.

Thanks for the heads up, but I don't qualify yet. Waiting on my permanent drivers license, which should arrive this week. And not to give away all the secrets of this place, getting my temp MT license took 17 mins, if this was San Diego it would have taken 17 days in a flea ridden DMV...here I got lemonade while I waited.

Also, interesting he added Oregon to the list of commie states. I was really looking around the Bend area, glad I didn't.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Drove through Montana a few years ago. Incredible natural beauty in that state.

Hope to get back there and really discover the state some. If it weren't for the winters, I would love to live there.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Oregon is getting more and more commie all the time. This fall's election might be the tipping point, if it goes the wrong way it might be time for me to bail.

I've lived here for 40 years now (come next month) but I was born in Montana and lived in Havre and Helena until I was 15 and we moved to Idaho. 5 years there and then I moved out here and the rest is, as they say, history. We had family friends up in the northern Flathead area - Columbia Falls - and used to spend quite a bit of time up there. I'd love to be able to retire back to that northwest corner of Montana someplace. Someday.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
If you like space... Northern Montana is for you.
Wanna Be Alone?

Valier, Montana
Gilboe the Clothier

Anaconda, Montana
Happy Motoring!

Butte
Montana

West Glacier

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
When I was visiting my cousin he took me to the "Back Door" in Columbia Falls for some BBQ and chicken.

I'm also weighing my options for moving to Montana. I was impressed with the area around Libby, but Eureka is also in the running.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's butt ugly here, the people are all assholes, the weather sucks, the hunting and fishing sucks, and there's nothing to do. And...we're full.

I hear eastern Montana is nice though.

Wink

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
When I was visiting my cousin he took me to the "Back Door" in Columbia Falls for some BBQ and chicken.

I'm also weighing my options for moving to Montana. I was impressed with the area around Libby, but Eureka is also in the running.

I think you mean "the Back Room", and, yes, it has great broasted chicken, ribs, and pizza. Great place to meet locals, but get there early...it gets packed very quickly.

Posts: 65 | Location: NW Montana (Last Best Place) | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Spent my youth on the southwest end of Swan Lake, just a couple miles from you. My Aunt, Uncle and cousins had a "cabin" on the lake with several horses, boats etc. My cousins and I would take horseback trips into the Bob Marshall trout fishing our way to Big Salmon lake. Those days formed who I grew to be.

If you ask around Bigfork about my uncle Bernie Gregoire your sure to hear some tales. He'd buzz the shit out of you in his airplane before landing at the grass strip in Bigfork.

Good times, so many memories. By far the best days of my life.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ticks, mosquito's, flooding, grasshoppers, rattlesnakes, forest fires and smoke. Yeehaw.

But the snow, wind and cold are great!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
sooma, you don't qualify, yet, but you still need to post in the escape-to-freedom thread, if you choose to play. Don't toss your old DL just yet. Wink

Welcome to free land.

Btw, MT is one of the states that I consider moving to, if/when TX ever turns blue. The way things are going, it's only a matter of time. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
If you like space...

Those are amazing pics!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:

Headed to a place called hungry horse dam in the morning, and I believe this is on the way, so will try and stop there. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
sooma, you don't qualify, yet, but you still need to post in the escape-to-freedom thread, if you choose to play. Don't toss your old DL just yet. Wink

Welcome to free land.

Btw, MT is one of the states that I consider moving to, if/when TX ever turns blue. The way things are going, it's only a matter of time. Roll Eyes

Hey Q, from one Oriental Redneck to another, thank you!

Once I get settled in, you are more than welcome to visit.

posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, it certainly adds to my own excitement of being here.

So an update, since I have caught 1 trout and am now a self identified trout god, I upgraded my 10 day license to a year. Roll Eyes

And because I received my permanent MT drivers license yesterday (talk about fast!), I decided to dump the lame rental car and got a pick up with extra self respect.

As a small thank you for sharing in my joy, I would like to karma up 3 copies of Atlas Shrugged, either paperback or e-book-winner's choice. This is my favorite book, as if you couldn't tell from my signature, and I believe I've found my Galt's Gulch.

I'll karmanator it next friday and get them out as quickly as possible.

To enter:
  • Say you never read it and need a 10lb book or
  • Say you read it but lost it and need another copy or
  • You have a copy but want to karma it to a commie, but then give me your favorite quote

Big Grin