SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Bruce Gray Interview at Sig booth on page 4** SHOT Show 2018 report
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Bruce Gray Interview at Sig booth on page 4** SHOT Show 2018 report Login/Join 
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Sig says no on MCX in 308 and yes on a manual safety coming down the road for the 365.

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Palmetto says early 2019 for MP5, 1000 dollar range

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to Benny6 and MtCowboy for covering the show and getting responses to Forum members questions.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh SHOT SHOW - the land of tactical backpacks, clothing, and the sweaty dudes hauling rolling carts of free swag...

Good times, but I can only handle it every other year.

Hopefully this year is a good one!

Thanks for the pictures! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtCowboy:
Palmetto says early 2019 for MP5, 1000 dollar range

I best start saving now for I am interested for sure.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Any chance to swing by Quarter Circle 10 (QTRC10) and get more info on the S226? There is rumor they are close to bringing a lower that accepts P226 magazines.

Maybe one that takes P320 mags is next?

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I know its getting a little late, but if anyone happens to pass by the Howa/Legacy Sports booth, would you ask them a question for me?

Now that they've got a tacticool chassis-type stock for the Mini bolt actions and they chamber the Minis for the 6.5 Grendel, why don't they offer a 6.5 Grendel in the chassis stock with a 24- or 26-inch barrel? All the magic seems to happen with longer barrels when it comes to the 6.5 Grendel, and that seems like a natural way to sell some scopes.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
benny, thanks for the shot of the P365. If it's no trouble, can you go back to the Walther booth and ask them if they have any intention to offer the PPQ subcompact in a paddle magazine release version? Also, can you get a shot of the pistol?

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
benny, thanks for the shot of the P365. If it's no trouble, can you go back to the Walther booth and ask them if they have any intention to offer the PPQ subcompact in a paddle magazine release version? Also, can you get a shot of the pistol?[/QUOTE

Para:

Walther said no to a paddle mag release for the sc for now. I’ll have pics tonight of the pistol in hand with the short and long magazines

Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Any chance to swing by Quarter Circle 10 (QTRC10) and get more info on the S226? There is rumor they are close to bringing a lower that accepts P226 magazines.

Maybe one that takes P320 mags is next?

It’s out. I have a picture that will get uploaded later

P320 mags are still only in the future. M&P mag lower coming next

Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I know its getting a little late, but if anyone happens to pass by the Howa/Legacy Sports booth, would you ask them a question for me?

Now that they've got a tacticool chassis-type stock for the Mini bolt actions and they chamber the Minis for the 6.5 Grendel, why don't they offer a 6.5 Grendel in the chassis stock with a 24- or 26-inch barrel? All the magic seems to happen with longer barrels when it comes to the 6.5 Grendel, and that seems like a natural way to sell some scopes.

Sorry but they say 22” is the longest for the Grendel. The 6.5 Creedmoor gets the longer barrel up to 26 in

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtCowboy:
Walther said no to a paddle mag release for the sc for now. I’ll have pics tonight of the pistol in hand with the short and long magazines
Thanks very much and for the quick reply. I'm glad to hear them say "for now". At least there's a chance.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Nothing new from S&W on the 2.0 line?

I see they have a suppressor ready version of the 4.25” model which is nice, but I was really hoping for something more.

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. My P365 should hopefully be here next week. I can’t believe Sig made a customer of me again.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates and pix.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Thanks for passing along all these questions. Really appreciate it!

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking time to post updates and pictures of your time at the 2018 SHOT!
I'm glad to hear that Sig is offering a civilian version of the M17 to the public. Maybe next year Sig will off a civilian M18 Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
I do apologize but the images are not posting correctly from my iPad. I will ask Benny to post them for me tomorrow.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Sig is showing a M18 on their display. I’ll ask when they are available tomorrow

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I've been out rubbing elbows all day and I just got back to the hotel. I'm working on the pics now. I double-dipped at the ATN booth and got some good info about their latest offerings.

Here are MtCowboy's pics

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Now for my pics.

I stopped by ATN as well and snapped a few pics.

-The X-4 series comes in 3-14X and 5-20X
-This model has a lithium ion internal battery (non-removeable) that charges via USB.
-18 hour continuous run time
-Micro SD slot which takes 4GB to 256GB
-ATN now has their on 30mm rings
-3" eye relief
-No more rubber eyepiece
-You can stream and record video simultaneously
-Quicker refresh rate than previous models
-2 year warranty
-Model picured also has the optional laser rangefinder which is bluetooth connected to the scope
-Recoil rated to 375 H&H Mag
-Tested on M14/M1A as well which has the brutal secondary opposite recoil impulse present when chambering a round from the mag.
-Price will be in the $600 range!!!

I did not get any more info on the models below but here's some nice eye candy...

Well, I'm beat. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post