SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Bruce Gray Interview at Sig booth on page 4** SHOT Show 2018 report
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Bruce Gray Interview at Sig booth on page 4** SHOT Show 2018 report Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the Hogue booth and talked with one of their reps. He wasn't a camera kind of guy so I just took a bunch of pics.

New, or relatively new are...
The slip-on grip for the P320. This sample is not textured but it will be textured during final production. It felt very comfortable.

The 1911 compact rounded heel mainspring housing...

A new wider profile 226 grip with a flared magaine well. The flare is optional like the one shown below and they will have a version that does not protrude past the magazine floor plate

This may not be news to you, but it is news to me. They also offer firearm specific knives. They machine all blades in-house and they send the blade to be finished by the same company that does the finishing on your Sig or HK firearm. So for example, say you have a 226 Legion, they make a knife that has the SIG logo and has had the blade finished using the exact same process as the Sig Legion.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5404 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony stopped by the March Optics booth to visit. We had time for a quick talk; the booth is fairly busy.

It was great meeting with Tony; a real fine fellow

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
In the ATN pics, the binos seemed to work as night vision and infrared versions.

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ATN pixxes!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report on Colt and the updates

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I also stopped by HS precision and talked with one of the guys there for a while. Not much new coming out with the exception of the 10 round mags for Remington 700's.

For anyone who wants to see the embedded aluminum block, here it is. The stock can be used as-is or skim-bedded if accuracy is not up to your standards.

I really liked how light these stocks were. If used with an adjustable cheek piece, they add a little weight to the rear. I commented that my Savage 12FV was very nose-heavy with the factory stock and the balance was all off.

The rep told me that they will add weight to the buttstock upon request.

Tony.

Posts: 5404 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting answers to our questions!

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Two days left for requests! I will be here till they kick me out on Friday.

Sig says summer 18 for M17 civilian model and M18 should be following behind. Late 18- early 19

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’d like be to know if smith & Wesson intends to make a subcompact 2.0, or at least give the 1.0 (original 12 round compact) the 2.0 treatment.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I also forgot to add to my original post on the ATN (I updated it), but the price for the X4 series will be in the $600 range. I was shocked!

Tony.

Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Specifics on ATN Binos and monoculars. Red is infrared and black/gray is day night vision. Binoculars are 2.5 to 10 zoom and the monoculars are 0-8x zoom

Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
Tony stopped by the March Optics booth to visit. We had time for a quick talk; the booth is fairly busy.

It was great meeting with Tony; a real fine fellow

It was great meeting you too! I wish we weren't both so busy and it's nice to finally put a face to the name. Your scopes are fantastic, to say the least. Very, very clear.

Tony.

Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no date for the 2.0 subcompact. Staff say it is a natural progression since the compact just came out but there is nothing set yet

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the news and photos. I'm sure the last thing that you want to do after walking the show all day is to post everything online, but it is appreciated!

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Anything on an HK VP9 Longslide?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Anything on an HK VP9 Longslide?

No release date yet but samples have been sent to the ATF for approval.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates fellas, much appreciated.

The only thing I personally heard about that interested me this year was the black DLC Colt Cobra with bobbed hammer and front night sight. Probably would never replace my 2.5" 686-4, but it looked interesting.

Unfortunately I highly doubt Colt will ever get them out in quantity. I still haven't seen a regular stainless new Cobra in person.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, what model are the three desert camo bolt actions in the ATN both?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Did HK have anything to say about a SS 9mm either striker or DA/SA?

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I had heard awhile back that HK might release a USP / update all the USPS with a pic (1913)Rail. Any truth to this? Could you ask if you have a chance.

Thank you.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post