SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US buildup near Korean Peninsula aimed at 'incapacitating' Kim
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US buildup near Korean Peninsula aimed at 'incapacitating' Kim Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
In case they were wondering about our MinuteMan III, they dissembled one the MM out of Warren AFB and took it to Vandenberg AFB and fired it off without a warhead.

It went 4200 miles in 30 minutes to Marshall Islands Test Range. Cool

http://www.latimes.com/local/l...-20170426-story.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I wonder what kind of bunkers the North has for their Command and Control and where 'ol Kim might hide out...

The effective US strategy of taking out the C&C in the first stages would (I would think) be particularly effective with the way the North's leadership controls everything in the country...

The ISIS bunker buster was not primarily directed at ISIS. It was putting NK on notice that their bunkers would not protect their elite, and that the US is willing to use its tech.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbmajdLIAg0

Looks like Kim at the throttle. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbmajdLIAg0

Looks like Kim at the throttle. Big Grin

I am stunned, here I am poking fun at the little snot, and I had no idea he was so skilled. Advancing the throttles on takeoff with assistance from the real pilot, not even having to raise the gear by himself, talking AND flying, flying one handed!!!

A 30 degree right bank unassisted? Landing the same plane he took off? Our fighter pilots quake in fear at his incredible skill. I almost lost my life in astonishment!!!!

I guess the real question here is the little twerp so caught up in his cult of personality that he is a legitimate loon, or will China's threat shut him up and prove he's a total gasbag.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
China has always supported the NorKs, IMO, because it kept South Korea, Japan, AND the US off-balance. It is in NOBODY's best interests for 'lil kim to start popping off nukes. Therefore, China is trying to reign him in.

Sure. But at some point reigning the little loon in is going to have to involve getting some kind of control over the little loon's nukes. Intentions and circumstances change. Lunacy and capabilities are always there.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I had a thought at lunch, a little scary really. Perhaps 'lil Kim isn't the lunatic that we all think he is, perhaps he is playing that age old asian game of long term strategy. Consider this for a moment...

His long term goal is to destroy the United States. We all think of that in military terms but there are a lot of ways to destroy a country's ability to fight and it's standing in the world & allies. He clearly is watching the media reports from the US, which are slanted left. His view is that most Americans hate Trump and are pitted against each other, the police, etc. He might be taking a page out of General Giap's book and looking back to the 1970's with a divide and conquer strategy.

He may believe, and possibly rightly so, that any any military action against him would ignite a powder keg in this country. Regardless of who throws the first punch, Trump will be blamed by most of the country, and supported by some plunging the US into socio-political chaos, perhaps even civil war, rendering us ineffective on the world stage and thus giving him free reign to roll into S. Korea and unify the country.

He probably thinks that China and Russia will support because they hate us too. Japan is on his hit list so maybe he can kill two birds with one stone.

Now, I'm not saying this would work, but I imagine that if a conflict did suddenly break out, a large % of people here would be in the streets protesting and causing problems.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Was it ol' BJ Clinton that gave Kim nuclear capability?

I think it was rocket tech.
No that was to Ghina

Was it ol' BJ Clinton that gave Kim nuclear capability? yes they told slick willy they would stop and surprise they lied after he gave them food and aid....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
This guy is insane. NK just launched a ballistic missile. No details yet, breaking on Fox.

edited to add: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...llistic-missile.html

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
This guy is insane. NK just launched a ballistic missile. No details yet, breaking on Fox.

It's been three minutes already. Is it still in the air?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

It's been three minutes already. Is it still in the air?

-Rob

...the modified SCUD in air 15 mins, distance traversed 25 miles.

A modified SCUD? What's the message now, stay in international waters? Nope, that doesn't seem to bother little chuckles.

NK has 5-10-20 year plans? Patience grasshopper.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
25 miles in 15 minutes?

That's no missile, that's a blimp.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
25 miles in 15 minutes?

My car travels much faster than the Lil Wang missle they launched. It will take him 3 days to strike Hawaii at that speed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
25 miles in 15 minutes?

My car travels much faster than the Lil Wang missle they launched. It will take him 3 days to strike Hawaii at that speed.

... and miss.
The gyros shutdown after 80 secs of flight ...

KN-17:

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Think about how long it took for NK to scrounge together enough sparklers to fuel that baby!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Smile hahahaha

Flash!

Kerry Packer

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Criminy, that thing was going 100mph! I bet Dear Leader designed it himself!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
apparently the SLUFF has a problem keeping it up

another one failed Smile

he's on a roll

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As has been said before, with great wisdom...NEVER underestimate your enemy.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Now, I'm not saying this would work, but I imagine that if a conflict did suddenly break out, a large % of people here would be in the streets protesting and causing problems.
I predict they would not be doing so for long. Most of them are unarmed and clueless.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A war with NK would be devastating. A whole ton of regular, innocent folks would end up dead. Economically the world would take a bit hit. Domestically it would drive a ton more protests etc.

Also one should NEVER underestimate an enemy. Worst case if you over estimate you decimate them without breaking a proverbial sweat. Underestimating enemies has been getting people killed and empires crushed since......well ever.

All that being said. Are you seriously saying it took a rocket 15 minutes to travel 25 miles? Jesus I could deliver weapons of mass destruction and pizza faster in a rental Camry. I have to assume this is a ruse because nobody could be that inept.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post