SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well drat....I think I fractured, or at least chipped my tibia....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well drat....I think I fractured, or at least chipped my tibia.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I think I fractured, or at least chipped my tibia last week. Was helping a neighbor do some work and slipped on his wet step...I went crashing to the ground and went "shin first" into the edge of the top step. Hurt like fuck and took a pretty good gouge out of my skin. I can walk fine, but the area still hurts like shit and now my ankle is bruised to fuck and my calf is somewhat swollen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That doesn't look good

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get an Xray. It is possible to walk on a broken bone. You have some bruising and swelling that merits further evaluation.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That looks like it merits a trip to a Doc. Around here I would find one of the walk in type doctor places that has an onsite x-ray.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the bruising just started yesterday (5 days later). I'm done gutting it out, going to go to Urgent Care in the morning.

Other than the pain around the wound itself, I can function fine. Wife is concerned about infection though, so figure I had better not take any chances.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Good idea to get it looked at. Sorry you got hurt, hope you get it figured out and get better quickly.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
If nothing else you might get some Oxy out of a visit to the doc. Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Good call! I rarely use pain pills, but love me some Oxy and Bourbon!

I'm kidding...maybe... Cool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I know you are smart enough not to mix pain pills and alcohol, but if not, put in your will to get your cigars

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know you are smart enough not to mix pain pills and alcohol, but if not, put in your will to get your cigars

LOL!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Good call! I rarely use pain pills, but love me some Oxy and Bourbon!

I'm kidding...maybe... Cool

HA Gator is right, that's a bad call.

Scotch, not bourbon, is the way to go.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My xrays eyes across the internet say a lot of soft tissue injury but no fracture. Smile

Btw, you have elephant leg, sir. Eek

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

I don't always seek out wisdom, but when I do, I look for the Dos Equis man. Smile

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Ouch. Tib-fib injuries are painful and more complicated the closer you get to the ankle.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Best regards for a speedy and 100% recovery.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Nothing we can't cure next weekend with food, booze, and guns.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And duct tape. We mustn't forget duct tape. Gray for the professionals, camo for the operators.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Damn dude! Good pain pills used as prescribed are a very wonderful thing! I'd say walk it off but apparently that isn't helping. Did you rub some dirt on it?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post