SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The irony of of these guys saying let’s make things more fair and just...did we mention we got to the stadium today by driving our $200k car past poor people?

I’m not buying it clowns. You’re making a political statement before the game, pure and simple. That’s why I no longer watch.

Don’t try to explain this to me like I don’t know exactly what it is.

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I think this is more personal to many of those kneeling than BLM and Michael Brown.
They say it is about Police oppression of the blackman.

With the statistics on arrests for NFL players, I am certain that many of these thugs feel that they specifically have been oppressed by the police.

I have been asking every blm idiot i can find on facebook to tell me what the answer to their problem is and they cant even answer what they want to come from this “movement”. I think the blm idiots havent yet realized that they have given any power they had away. In the 1950’s the blacks comprised nearly 35% of the U.S. population and now they are barely 10% of the population. The sad fact is black lives don’t matter. Atleast not as much as they used too anyway.

They latched on the democrats after the 1965 civil rights act and have sold their poitical power to a party that is importing millions of hispanics and asians pushing the black minority group to new lows and they are just now realizing how irrelevant they are to the voting public. They give their votes away to democrats and get nothing in return but more promises and government dependency.

Their political candidates are irrelevant and the only people who have any platform left in the black comunity are the athletes. like all of the groups associated with the democrat party you can’t exist there without being a victim of of something. So Police brutality it is. Yep, they hate the police and when police pull back, as they were requested to do, crime explodes in thier communities and its the police officers fault...
Black people have never been 35% of our population. The most they’ve been was 19% in 1790, in the 1950’s and 60’s they were around 10% and today around 13%.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Tonight is the first airing of Thursday night football on Amazon Prime, with the Packers & Bears. I don't think they can track antenna viewers without surveys, so I'm guessing that some of the Sunday figures are estimates. Viewership of this game could be very telling.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Tonight is the first airing of Thursday night football on Amazon Prime, with the Packers & Bears. I don't think they can track antenna viewers without surveys, so I'm guessing that some of the Sunday figures are estimates. Viewership of this game could be very telling.
The game will be on Amazon streaming and CBS and NFL Network.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
The game will be on Amazon streaming and CBS and NFL Network.

I bet the stadium is packed. I'd love to see some empty seats though.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
The game is in Green Bay which has one of the most loyal fanbases. If we see a lot of empty seats that’d be especially significant given the venue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Yeah, that's great Packers.

What you don't get is that I DON'T WANT politics in my sports. Much like movies used to be, it is an escape. Someplace I could go and root for a team and not care if the guy next to me was a raging liberal or had the same thoughts as me. It should not matter.

By making your standing with arms locked a political statement, you have missed the entire point. Just shut the hell up and play the game you are payed millions of dollars to play.

No one cares about your views on anything - all we care about (or used to, in my case) is if you can catch a damn football.

I agree. Locking arms is not showing unity, it's another method of disrespect. Proper respect is stand up, remove your hat, face the flag with your right hand (or hat) over your heart, and either sing the national anthem or keep silent until it's over.

I think it was somewhere in this thread that I read about a black citizen being honored a number of years ago who just stood but did not place his hand over his heart as a form of protest. Even that type of protest I don't agree with, but at least it was semi-respectful.

Locking arms to show unity?? How about showing respect in the traditional and proper form, and don't support America-hating pseudo-adults?

I need to get an e-mail to the Packers GM, coach, and quarterback.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You know how my family shows our unity with our fellow countrymen no matter what their background is? That's right, when the national anthem is played, we stand with our right hand over our hearts, face the American Flag, and sing. All the while thinking about what a great country we live in that so many people have the opportunity to find their own path and of the men and women that paved the way to get us where we are today.

Anything else is a slap in my face. Good bye Green Bay Packers. You were the one team, owned by the people, that I thought would get it.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is a very fine line between playing to win and just playing, and if a team collectively decides to take it easy, cash the checks, because the owner was a jerk, who could say?

I guess somebody has to win.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So how many of these over grown children are doing any damned thing to change the lives of those living in inner city ghettos?

They are being paid millions every year but seldom, if ever, do I hear about them doing a single thing to help those "poor downtrodden" folks they seem to think they are representing by this phony BS.

Kind of reminds me of Ol' Rev. Al.

I will never watch another NFL game as long as I live.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this is absolutely 100% correct. If they tried to take action against the players who are protesting there’d be a league wide strike no doubt.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"they're afraid of their players"

once again President Trump comes out and says the truth that no one else has the courage to say. The politicians never understand the power of just saying the truth about our problems.

Green Bay plays tonight. We'll see how the fans respond.

Trying to get the crowd to "participate" with the team in "unity" is actually a somewhat sophisticated psychological trick to make people take the side of kneelers.

They are doing everything they can not to address why they are kneeling to begin with.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"

How about if each team announces that just before the anthem ?

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"First one"

Ooh, he special

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Joel Ward can kiss the bung hole from which I just expelled fecal matter. And I friggin' HATE...LOATHE...the San Jose Sharks. They can screw themselves with a splintery fence post. I'd be willing to bet, that as big a goon as he was in his day, Donald Brashear wouldn't even THINK about pulling this bullshit given his ancestry...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Brashear

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The oppression of blacks begins in their own home at birth. Fatherless children, raised to believe whitey hates them and that they have no chance in life sets them up to fail at birth. They are self-oppressed. Until the black community addresses this nothing will change for them.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason to like and respect MAJ Villanueva...

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Alejandro Villanueva have made headlines for what transpired during the national anthem prior to Sunday’s game in Chicago.

As a quick refresher, all of the Steelers’ players opted to stay in the tunnel for the national anthem. All of the players, except for former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva, who held his hand over his heart and sang along.

Steelers fans have been divided over the team’s decision ever since, but there is a positive angle. In the aftermath, Villanueva’s jersey became the top-seller in the league. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Villanueva is donating all proceeds of his jersey sales to non-profits that benefit the military.

It is worth noting that Villanueva has always done this.

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Steelers’ Alejandro Villanueva is donating all proceeds on his jersey/apparel sales to USO and other military non-profits, as he always has.
8:08 PM - Sep 26, 2017

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...eds-military-groups/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
NHL Player Subban says "Absolutely not" to kneeling protests: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/p...nthem-161139398.html

In related news NFL Player Delanie Walker tells fans boycotting over the protests "Bye!"
http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...l-over-protests-bye/

“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

Be careful what you wish for Delanie....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
The oppression of blacks begins in their own home at birth. Fatherless children, raised to believe whitey hates them and that they have no chance in life sets them up to fail at birth. They are self-oppressed. Until the black community addresses this nothing will change for them.

Yep. But what you say is not really a racial issue ...
It's a choice, encouraged by the community in which they are born. There are 'white trash' communities as well where drugs and welfare dependency (fatherless kids) abound. It's a lot easier to make poor choices in life when that's all around you and people give excuses for it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post