SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Naked man with AR kills 4, wounds 4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Naked man with AR kills 4, wounds 4 Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Naked man with AR kills 4, wounds 4 at Antioch Tennessee Waffle House Sunday afternoon.

When he attempted reloading a Customer jumped and disarmed him, sustaining 3rd degree burns from the hot barrel in the process.

Shooter fled on foot. Rain is hampering dogs and chopper in the

https://www.newschannel5.com/n...affle-house-shooting

UPDATE Just got notified shooter is in custody

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
That's good that they got his naked ass caught.

Another damn lunatic that didn't get stopped from having a gun by gov't ignoring him apparently.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
reopened

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K0ZZZ:
That's good that they got his naked ass caught.

Another damn lunatic that didn't get stopped from having a gun by gov't ignoring him apparently.
Nor did he get stopped by a No Guns sign (if that store has a sign). The ones here do.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
If there's any justice at all to be had in this world, the father of the shooter should be going to jail forever as an accomplice to four murders.

And again, the necessary stops were in the system, but the system was circumvented by someone who had no issue breaking the law. When will people get it through their heads that more laws (attacking the rights of innocent people) will accomplish nothing? And yes, that was a rhetorical question.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the mentally ill spithead's father was a law abiding citizen, until he wasn't. Four people are dead because law enforcement got scammed.

We keep seeing this shit. When do we finally understand that assholes will never change, and their families are accomplices?

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
...and their families are enablers?
Actually, I think the term you're looking for in this case is accomplices to a crime.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
...and their families are enablers?
Actually, I think the term you're looking for in this case is accomplices to a crime.

In the instant case, most definitely:

quote:

Reports stated authorities had previously seized his firearms. They were given to his father who acknowledged he gave them back to his son.

If there's a death related to the commission of a crime the law charges all criminal participants with murder, regardless of who or what precipitated the death, no? Well, IMO, in this case what the father did was at least as complicit as driving the get-away car in a burglary gone bad.

N.B.: IANAL, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ve not read everything about this...

Was the guy forbidden by law from possessing a firearm? Federally? Or was it a court order from another jurisdiction that forbade him?

Meaning...was an existing law broken by either giving him a gun or him possessing one?

If so...hang the dad.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Hold the father accountable and

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I’ve not read everything about this...

Was the guy forbidden by law from possessing a firearm? Federally? Or was it a court order from another jurisdiction that forbade him?

Meaning...was an existing law broken by either giving him a gun or him possessing one?

If so...hang the dad.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/brian...st2AWB1mR#.uj1zpBK4j

Due to his 2017 arrest, Illinois authorities, at the request of the FBI, confiscated his weapons and revoked a state identification card given to firearms owners, officials said. The Tazewell County Sheriff's Office said Sunday that its officers removed four guns from Reinking's home in August, but gave the weapons to Reinking's father, Jeffrey Reinking, an authorized gun owner, at the elder Reinking's request.

At some point, Reinking's father gave the weapons back to his son, including the AR-15 that police said was used in Sunday's attack.

A Tazewell County Sheriff report from Aug. 24, 2017, documented the confiscation of a Kimber 9mm handgun, a Bushmaster AR-15, a CZ-USA .22-caliber rifle, a Remington 710, and some ammunition.

"The weapons and ammo were released to Jeffrey Reinking, which holds a valid FOID [Firearm Owners Identification] card. Jeffrey was advised that he needed to keep the weapons secure and away from Travis," an officer noted in the report. "Jeffrey stated he would comply."

Calls to a phone number listed for a Jeffrey Reinking in Illinois went unanswered Sunday night and Monday morning.

Authorities said the weapon, which was heroically wrestled away from Travis Reinking by a Waffle House customer, was legally purchased in Illinois, although it is not clear whether it was legal for the suspect to possess the gun in Tennessee. Officials also discovered another rifle after raiding his apartment near Nashville Sunday.

On Monday, officials confirmed that Reinking's father was being investigated for possibly violating federal gun laws by giving the weapons back to his son.

"He should not have had guns in Tennessee," said Marcus Watson, acting special agent in charge with the ATF in Tennessee, explaining that, "if you transfer weapons knowingly to a person that is prohibited, that could potentially be a violation of federal law."

He added that "all federal departments are looking" at Jeff Reinking to see if he violated a federal crime.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
^^^ Sounds like bullshit.

Fuck this Fucker and his dad with a barbed bat until they die from gangrene.

But we can’t just make up laws because of bureaucrats’ opinions.

The victims should be able to sue civilly however

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems that as soon as this incident occurred that the perp's name was identified making me wonder how that information was so quickly known. Seems like someone at the Waffle House may have identified him by name?

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
It seems that as soon as this incident occurred that the perp's name was identified making me wonder how that information was so quickly known. Seems like someone at the Waffle House may have identified him by name?
Nope, it's because he left his truck there and fled on foot.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
reopened

Thank you. This happened about 30 miles from me so I had taken extra notice...

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
James Shaw Jr., The young man that wrestled the gun from the shooter when he stopped to reload is being given the full hero treatment here, as well he should. He was shot in the arm, a flesh wound, and received 3rd° burns from the barrel of the gun to his hands in the process. After disarming the shooter he was able to shove him outside, after which the shooter fled on foot, nude, to an apartment nearby where he had lived three months.

Just when I think we are doomed I see someone like this young man come along to give some hope. Below is cut and paste from WSMV Nashville news app. (Cant get link to work)

Hero Prevented Further Deaths At Waffle House. 
James Shaw Jr. Hailed A Hero
In the hours following the attack, Shaw began doing what he could to help the victims, including starting a GoFundMe account. 
His goal was to raise $15,000 and it's already hit $80,000. He said the money will go to help with funeral costs for the four killed and help pay medical bills for survivors.
Shaw also went to Vanderbilt University Medical Center to see one of those survivors and meet the families.

The shooters bond has been revoked after much public outcry, originally set at $2 million, requiring a measly $200,000 cash posting.

Tennessee law requires a cash bond set for everyone except in cases seeking the death penalty. The prosecutor said he simply needs more time to assemble his case so the death penalty wasn’t asked for.

posted Hide Post
“NO SHIRT – NO SHOES – NO SERVICE”.

Once again, proof that a sign will not deter criminal intent.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IL (just across the river from me) has the FOID card, he was originally from the Peoria area.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When caught, he apparently had with him a .45 , which, the media, once again dutifully reported to be a "semi-automatic".
I want to know whose job it is at the AP or wherever to make sure that "semi-automatic" is always included in the copy.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post