SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Full auto highway stop by Utah PD
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full auto highway stop by Utah PD Login/Join 
posted

http://fox13now.com/2018/01/10...hase-in-utah-county/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Good job.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Is there a link to a news story with more info?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I bet he wasn’t expecting that. One less turd.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Say hello to my little friend!"

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
The use of force appears to be appropriate, but there also appears to be cars behind the target. Can the officer firing ensure that all his rounds would not hit an innocent? Really hard to tell in this video.

Edited. Just read the post by ZSMICHAEL. Seems there were rounds "out of safe."

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
I bet he wasn’t expecting that. One less turd.

The perp survived. He was actually wearing body armor, and had drugs and multiple guns in the car. He was taken into custody and treated for non-life-threatening gunshot wounds to the neck and arm.

Turns out he was wanted for murder, having allegedly shot and killed a guy in Aurora, Colorado the day before. He then made his way over to Utah, where he was involved in an incident where he fired a shot at a gas station. The police were called, and that led to the felony traffic stop seen at the beginning of the video.

Unfortunately, an innocent motorist was also struck in the back during the gunfire exchange at the initial traffic stop. Due to the positioning of all the shooters, it's believed to be an errant round fired by one of the officers involved.

75 shots total were fired, between all parties during the course of the traffic stop, chase, and conclusion. The full auto burst consisted of 27 rounds.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
The use of force appears to be appropriate, but there also appears to be cars behind the target. Can the officer firing ensure that all his rounds would not hit an innocent? Really hard to tell in this video.

Not fully automatic rifle. That is an MP5, folks. Really controllable on FA. Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
too bad the bad guy survived.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mixed feeling about this.

glad they got the POS.

Not sure I like the FA on a busy highway firing across lanes of traffic.

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
too bad the bad guy survived.

Yup, if someone will shoot at the police just imagine what they'll do to someone who isn't the police.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You can see the MP5 stock.

You can do a mag dump with very little muzzle rise on those. Suppressed is even easier.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Atta boy!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Not sure I like the FA on a busy highway firing across lanes of traffic.

I am sure.

Sure that was a stupid thing to do.

An innocent bystander was shot in the back.

If the police want me to be okay with full auto fire at moving targets on busy roads hitting innocent bystanders, then I want them to be okay with (1) my having a brand new full auto MP5 in my car, (2) qualified immunity when I shoot some random stranger, (3) no criminal liability when I shoot some random stranger, and (4) I get to investigate myself and declare myself innocent of wrong doing.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Please check your facts.

The bystander was hit by a handgun round during the initial traffic stop. He was pulled over to the side of the road 500 yards from the location of the shooting, and could not be seen from the officers' positions during the traffic stop.

He was not hit by a round from the MP5 at the end of the subsequent pursuit. All 27 rounds fired from the MP5 struck the perp and his vehicle.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
An MP5/10mm would have killified him better.

Good shoot.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Please check your facts.

What fun is that? Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Is it normal for LEOs to carry FA MP5s for patrol purposes? I've seen a lot of Utah LEOs in the news with ARs and short suppressors. This is the first time I've heard of or seen a local LEO with an MP5. I'm not arguing he shouldn't have it, I'm curious whether this is a conscious choice for patrol use, or if the guy perhaps wasn't a patrol officer.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
He was reportedly a SWAT team member.