SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    facebook and social media is exhausting
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

facebook and social media is exhausting Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Never used it. It’s a democratic supported business for one. Next Facebook sells all your data and you don’t get a check. It’s why that company is worth billions of dollars. They sell user data to anyone and everyone. Then there is the incesssant feces flinging.
No thanks and never will.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Never used it. It’s a democratic supported business for one. Next Facebook sells all your data and you don’t get a check. It’s why that company is worth billions of dollars. They sell user data to anyone and everyone. Then there is the incesssant feces flinging.
No thanks and never will.

Good. I want them to.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Thank you for the responses. I thought I was being dramatic ir overly cautious but it seems a lot of people experience the same. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I'm 35. I've had a facebook account since the time when you had to have a college .edu email address (2004-05.)

I have never felt the need to take a break from facebook. If you feel that need, you were using it waaaay too much and taking it waaaay too seriously to begin with.

I'm 48. I've had a never had a facebook account because I knew what data they were harvesting from the time when you had to have a college .edu email address (2004-05.)

I have never felt the need to join facebook. If I felt that need, it was time for me to suck start one or more cylinders of my S&W 442. Classmates dot com and Facespace were more than enough stalker-ish back in 2006-8.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will post no politics, at all, myself. I'm going to keep it to personal news and positive or humourous stuff.

I am on Facebook to stay in touch with my family, mainly my brother's side of the family; and a few friends.
Trouble is all my brother's side are leftists ranging from knee-jerk liberals on left.
They constantly are in a rage these days, and I refuse to mud-wrestle with them.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post