SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Snowy, cold and wet night here in the tropics of Michigan. Celebrating surviving another week (like I do most Saturday nights) with a Davidoff Churchill and a couple fingers of Jefferson's Ocean.

This stick is a bit above my normal price point but their cigars along with sister label Avo are a really nice treat now and then.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice to see you stop in the lounge for a stick, Brad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Brad.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’m very late to this party, but here’s my list of favorites (in no particular order):
- Cohiba Blue
- Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut Robusto
- Acid Kuba Kuba
- Kuba Deluxe

- Java Latte Rocky Patel by Drew Estate
- Java Red
- Java Maduro
- Dunhill Heritage Toro (1 1/2 hr smoke!)

- Macanudo Hampton Court
- Cohiba miniatures
- Acid Miniatures (Blue, Red, Purple)
- Monte Cristo #3 Platinum
- Monte Cristo Platinum Churchill (plumed!) (best cigar I ever had)

I’ll enjoy one on Friday afternoon on my day off, and a couple at the cabin in the mountains on a weekend getaway. Love to smoke with my son-in-law, whom I’ve corrupted, I mean introduced, to cigars. My third grandchild is due in 3 weeks (2nd grandson), so I just ordered a box of Rocky Patel “It’s a Boy” for my son-in-law.

I’m still trying new ones all the time, so the above list will get added to over time...in fact I’ve got some in my humidor I haven’t tried yet...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Worked overnight at my EMS side hustle last night so no Saturday night cigar.

So Sunday night at Willow Fen Farm its and Avo Syncro. Discovered these at a Davidoff event last summer. I love box pressed cigars and this one does not disappoint. Draws freely, burns nice. The Nicaraguan filler lurks beneath the rich Ecuadorian wrapper is a nice medium bodied smoke.

Pairing this up with a Bell's Third Coast Old Ale which stands up nicely to this cigar.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm a big Avo fan as well. I had an XO earlier this week.

Brad,
I'd like to offer you an instant karma of cigars. If you email me your address if like you pop ass on some cigars to you.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Have you tried the Davidoff Box Pressed? I bought a box at our last Davidoff event and would be happy to send you one.

https://us.davidoffgeneva.com/...caragua-box-pressed/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Brad,

Have you tried the Davidoff Box Pressed? I bought a box at our last Davidoff event and would be happy to send you one.

Yes I have and it was outstanding. But then I have not had a stick from them that was not.

I appreciate the offer but we need to arrange another get together and enjoy one together. Thank you!

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I'm a big Avo fan as well. I had an XO earlier this week.

Brad,
I'd like to offer you an instant karma of cigars. If you email me your address if like you pop ass on some cigars to you.

They really are a nice smoke. Trying to work my way through the line up.

You are incredibly generous. Thank you for the offer.

Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Big shout out to Choang3 for sending me a few mellow Connecticut sticks, I sent him a few back and THAT is what makes SF such a cool place !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday night cigar at Willow Fen Farm this week is a regular in the rotation, CAO Consigliere.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had a Tatuaje last night.

Your package is in the mail, should land Tuesday.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
After a day of hard work then ran / walked 4 miles kept my heart rate around 130 for an hour. I am relaxing with a cigar.

Keeping the Avo theme sort of I am having a cabal. The blender for Davidoff and Avo is Hendrick Kelner, his son a Jr. started a factory in the Dominican Republic, Kelner Boutique Factory (KBF) Jr. along with another blender produced this cigar. KBF has some other brands out as well. This is pretty good. And priced on the lower end of the premium hand rolled cigar spectrum I'd say it is a good value. Good flavors, it has Nicaraguan tobacco in the filler which likely gives it the slightly spicey character. Roll was a little tight I hit it with the perfect draw tool and it has been good after that.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I had a Tatuaje last night.

Your package is in the mail, should land Tuesday.

Which Tat? I enjoy the red banded series but the black and brown have been lackluster in my opinion.

Thank you again for the generosity.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm a Tat whore I smoke all of them A LOT. The standard brown label is an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper which can be medium flavor. There reserva is Connecticut Broadleaf which is more bold. This wrapper is running low on supply so production is way down.

Friday was a Tatuaje cojonu 2003. Cojonu means ballsy in Spanish.

I included a Tatuaje RC 184 which is from a box date of 2008. It's a big cigar so it is a long smoke and it has a mellowed a lot over the years but it will definitely give you an idea of how aging a cigar refines its flavors.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
With the warm temperature today, I am smoking a cigar outside. I grabbed a new to me RoMa Craft Baka. I'm about a half inch in and it is not disappointing at all.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
we need a DFW meet up !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yes we do!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
So Thursday is my night to kind of unwind. Work week almost done. Weekends are dominated by kids and wife. Thursday night I have a few bourbons and a cigar.

Tonight a belle meade cask strength old fashion and Joya de Nicaragua numero uno . This a good medium bodied smoke.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Bumping this thread. Where are my brothers of the leaf?

Ronin, I hope your new exercise regime doesn't keep you from cigars.

Chi Chi, get the yayo