SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Wow blast from the past, I use to smoke those in the 90s.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ive heard a lot of good about those. They dissappear fast on the sales pages. I might have to pick some up next time i see them. How are they? The 1998 AVOs i picked up were great.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
These are aging incredibly well. Most of the pepper has subsided and its full of sweet flavors, very different flavors. A good smoke so far. Not convinced of the price and insane amount of pepper when they're fresh vut still worth trying one or 2. This one has been sitting since February.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I really like these it's a shame the went to a Honduran blend for 2017.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The 17 isnt bad but not worth the cost to me. It has a whole lot of grassy flavor.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Grassy flavor = Honduran

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
I tried another Nica Libre tonight, since they've been in the humidor for about three months now, and it was better than the first one, but still not great. I'll leave them alone to age for a couple more months to see how they improve, which is a bit disappointing since CI has a sale going on them.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Good chocolate pairing tonight. Sea Cow Milk Stout and a Monte PE. These Monte PEs are my favorite right now.
https://imgur.com/a/n4vxY

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
CI has a sale going on them.

They are probably on sale because they aren't moving. It rare i find cigars I like on sale. Cubans go on sale more often than the non-cubans I like.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
They are probably on sale because they aren't moving...

Maybe, but I picked up those Montecristos on sale last week. I suspect the sales are to entice customers, since they have a section on the website where they dump stuff.

Next on my list is some Rockey Patels that I got a couple weeks ago, so I guess I'll find out. I'm letting the Monte's sit for a while like Jaywendland suggested.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
CI is so full of shit lmao. I do like the media noche and it appears CI is the only place still selling them. Last time I asked at the local b&m they claimed they were discontinued. Could be CI picked them up as an exclusive. I'll agree with Gator, my favorite smokes only go on sale a couple times a year and you have to be quick or you miss out. Newtosig shoot me an email and I'll send you a sampler.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
...I'll agree with Gator, my favorite smokes only go on sale a couple times a year and you have to be quick or you miss out...

Yeah, well that might work if you know what your favorites are! Wink

Right now I'm experimenting, being new to cigars. I liked the La Perla Habana White Pearl I smoked on Thanksgiving, but my experience is so limited that I can't comment beyond that. With no decent cigar stores within 25 miles, CI's sampler sales appeal a lot. In addition, my smoking time is limited, since I have to smoke outdoors.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Jrcigars has 10ct boxes of monte white on sale today. 69.99. Newto I'd try a box of these for sure. Its a half ashed lounge favorite.

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Trying a RP 20th anniversary this morning. I picked up two of them awhile back and figure I’d finally try one this morning. Kind of underwhelming I think. The wrapper was awesome looking and it smelled nice but so far it’s been a little lack luster. Smooth and very slow burning but just kind of bland. I think the Decades are better.

Damn thing wouldn’t stay lit. Had to relight it 5 times to get through half of it. After the last time I called it quits.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
NewtoSig

What is your price point / what do you like to spend on samplers.

Small Batch cigars does a really nice job of samplers especially for those new to cigars. They provide good brands and different types of wrappers and blends.

www.smallbatchcigar.com/best-beginner-cigars-sampler

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Thanks, GA Gator, I'll watch that place to see what they have. For the moment, I've got a humidor that's nearly full, and I have to smoke some to make room for more.

I've got some Nica Libre's left, plus ten-packs of Rocky Patel and Montecristo, and a bunch from CI's sampler that included my humidor.

Jay, thanks for the tip on JR. I had a choice of Monte White or Media Noche from CI and picked the darker ones. I'll watch JR if they don't work for me.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
Pulled the trigger on the NewAir CC300 thru Amazon. Anyone have this or a similar sized humidor? Any other complimentary devices/items you've found that really work well for you? I plan to thoroughly clean it and wipe down all cedar trays/drawers then order more cigars but I don't know what I don't know with respect to this unit.

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Newair claims no seasoning is required. I seasoned mine and it took a couple days for the humidity to settle down. Get yourself a pound of heartfelt beads and 2 1/2 pound mesh bags to hold them. Follow the directions with heartfelt beads to the letter. Like only use distilled water from a spray bottle. Both my Newairs stay at 65/65.

Beads. http://www.heartfeltindustries...ail.asp?prod=HB_1_65

Mesh bag. http://www.heartfeltindustries...asp?prod=DB_1&cat=14

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Just finished up a Montecristo Petite Edmundo while watching it snow here in central North Carolina. Around 3 inches of the winterland flakes so far.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had a warped 'guardian of the farm' last night it is becoming one of my favorites, especially at $8 + change.

Tonight I'm going to have a my father #2, it is my father's birthday today.

Chi Chi, get the yayo