SIGforum
Just sold our house.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5850043124

March 20, 2017, 07:29 PM
oddball
Just sold our house.
Lived here for 12 years. Open house was a week ago on Sunday, brokers tour on Tuesday, then we looked at 5 offers on Thursday. Chose the highest one, with all contingencies lifted, zilch. Months of detailing the house, staging, stress, etc. paid off. 30 day escrow started on Friday.

Today, we made a deposit on a small 1 bedroom apartment, 6 month lease starting mid April. Most of our stuff is in storage now.

Phase One of Operation Escape From CA ends, Phase Two starts. Hope to have my location below changed to TX within 6 months Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
March 20, 2017, 07:31 PM
tanner
Don't you love it when a plan comes together! All the best!

March 20, 2017, 07:31 PM
Lord Vaalic
Welcome to the free states!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
March 20, 2017, 07:32 PM
RHINOWSO
Congrats!!!!
March 20, 2017, 07:33 PM
LBAR15
HA! Congrats!!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu
March 20, 2017, 07:34 PM
RogueJSK
Congratulations, and good luck in the next phase of your journey.
March 20, 2017, 07:36 PM
Rey HRH
Congrats. You have a destination in mind?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
March 20, 2017, 07:37 PM
Andyb
Amazing we can live in the same country yet you feel like you are escaping one.

Congrats!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
March 20, 2017, 07:38 PM
P-220
Congratulations.

Welcome to the free world.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
March 20, 2017, 07:39 PM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Dallas/Fort Worth.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
March 20, 2017, 07:42 PM
kingfish007
I think the only thing you will miss might be the weather... A small price to pay for freedom Big Grin
March 20, 2017, 08:12 PM
mr kablammo
OB, let me welcome you to Texas in advance.  Please enjoy the video, Texas' very own Asleep at the Wheel.  A national treasure so to speak. 

https://youtu.be/QGLtxriizg4

Please join the TSRA, drive friendly, and refrain from voting for any non- conservative politician. 

Please do a lot of travelling your first years.  Texas is a big state.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
March 20, 2017, 08:16 PM
Floyd D. Barber
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Deep in the heart of?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member