SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most fun gun to shoot
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most fun gun to shoot Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
Mk19

Is that considered a gun?

I whole heartedly agree with you there. The mk2 is a close 2nd but you just can’t beat a full auto grenade launching machine gun that lobs grenades nearly the size of a coke can way off in the distance.

Bullets are fun, no matter what, but HE is funner. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
M1 Garand

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Hawken .50 caliber I made from a T/C kit. Nothing like a smoke pole to take shooting.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
M60MG and M79/M203GL. Yup, I was military.

I am ex military and I will add to that list a Ma deuce.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
M2 Carbine.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna have to say my Marlin 1894 in .357. Supurb handling, fast to operate, enough recoil to know you're shooting a real gun but not enough to cause a flinch, and rounds leave the barrel like a guided missile...I can't seem to miss with it. There's just something satisfying about working the lever on that thing.

I'm not a CAS shooter, and a lot of my range time is spent working on skills with plastic semi-autos, but single-action revolvers and lever guns are my guilty pleasure. Not only are they fun to shoot, but every time I hold one it reminds me of a time when many Americans gave up comfort and security in exchange for the freedom of westward exploration, and had to depend on themselves for their own survival and success.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'll be the boring guy here. I still love shooting my early 1960's Marlin Model 60 .22lr I bought at a local pawn shop for $35 a number of years ago because it didn't work. Took me 20 minutes and $0 to fix it, and I've been enjoying the heck out of it ever since. Some pleasures are really cheap. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
MP5 w/ A2 stock, with the happy switch set to ecstatic.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ruger Vaquero, old model, in 45LC.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Based on my personal round count, it would be hard for me to argue against the Ruger 10/22. That model has brought me joy to shoot since I was 10 years old.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the GI stuff but it was so closely supervised that it was not really fun.
Exception: GAU-5. Always fun!
And the most fun I had (and my grail gun) was the Thompson.
Champagne taste.... Beer budget.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Anything full-auto with free ammo and getting paid direct deposit twice per month.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
A restored Gatling Gun. Yes, I had visions of Rooster Cogburn floating down the river on a raft cranking one off.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M1 Carbine is a real fun lil plinker! The M-2 "Maw Duce" is great to bang away with, more so if you're not humping it around the world with you.
HK MP-5 with the giggle switch was a great gun to have, especially when Uncle Sugar was paying for the ammo! Even better when it was the SD variant Big Grin

But the one that REALLY got the juices flowing was a traditional, old school Tommy Gun. And yes, in full auto!
The instructor told me "only 3-5 round bursts!"
Even then, the 4th and 5th rounds were high and right. But then, at some point, your inner child kicks in, and you just gotta let her rip!!!!

But now, something about going out with my 10/22 or a friends 10/77, $20 worth of ammo, at 25-30 yards, and seeing what I can do.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
M1 Garand

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have rented and shot a number of submachine guns. The most "fun," I would say, was a Thompson. I did Edward G. Robinson impressions while shooting it. Big Grin It was quite accurate, too, having a compensator to hold down the muzzle climb, which, with its extreme drop at the stock, would be considerable without one. This was followed closely by the HK MP5 because of its accuracy. In my personal guns, the most "fun" have been .22s. These included a Ruger 10/22, a CZ452 "Training Rifle" and my current Ruger 22/45 Lite.

Posts: 27960 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
GAU-17. Hands down the most fun I've ever had behind the trigger.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
M-120

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
M2 from the door of a helicopter.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
M2 from the door of a helicopter.

GAU-16 in my day and now upgraded to the GAU-21. Yes good times

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post