SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Abby has a change of heart about gun advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Abby has a change of heart about gun advice Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
Pauline Phillips/Dear abbey died in 2013.

Is she channeling from the grave?

Her daughter took over after she died.

As what?

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine79830:
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Her daughter took over after choking what?

As what?

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belwolf:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sig2392:

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belwolf:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sig2392:

Really dude?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Before parents send their kids over here, I ask whether they've been exposed to Eddie the Eagle, whether they know safe gun-handling skills, and how they're likely to react if they happen upon a firearm.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
The approach I took was to educate the hell out of my kids. To this day, any of them would be able to tell you what to do if they come across an unsecured gun. At a friends house, or anywhere.

In short: 1, 2, 3

Don't touch it
Don't let any of your friends touch it
Tell an adult

I don't have any problem with a parent asking me. I get the risk. If I had a pool, I would get them asking how we approach the risk of kids walking into that (think very young kids here). It doesn't have to be a political-cultural issues. It's a simple safety thing. We all know this truth (regardless of guns), there are a lot of dumb people out there.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post