SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kid threw rock at my vehicle while driving today - video included
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kid threw rock at my vehicle while driving today - video included Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
She'll be on the news crying when a relative gets shot robbing a store. They will be the ones claiming "they have to so they can get money for school clothes". Tax money for schools is wasted in those areas.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Have you filed a police report yet?

Or is this one of those "civil matters" we keep hearing so much about when they don't want to be bothered with a traffic incident?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Please accept my apology for the thread drift. I'm curious which camera you're using. Thank you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
When you slow it down to 1/4 speed you can clearly see her throw something. Can't see what it is but definitely a throwing motion.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
If it is a clear video and a slow news day that could make the local news. They post that kind of stuff here all the time. Of course if it is a major metro areas probably not. A possible opportunity to use Social media for a positive result.

After viewing the video and seeing the "diverse" nature of the neighborhood, don't bother. Local news will never run it. Doesn't fit the progressive narrative.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Something similar happened to me last month. I was driving on the parkway and three kids on an overpass tossed a rock down that was the size of a cantaloupe. The rock smashed the hood of my work truck and then rode up into the windshield and smashed that as well.

I pulled over at the next exit and called the police. I just wanted to get a police report for the insurance company. Three cars were at my location in minutes. I told them that I couldn't identify anyone so that was that. They told me that it happens often as the kids get out of school.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Jesus Rem, East Cleveland?

East Akron, same difference, LOL. I was driving north on S. Arlington St. heading home from dinner and decided to drive through town vs using the highway. Next time I'll use the highway.

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks: Have you filed a police report yet?

Or is this one of those "civil matters" we keep hearing so much about when they don't want to be bothered with a traffic incident?

I didn't even bother calling the police. Akron is large enough that I knew they wouldn't even bother coming out since the heathen took off running after she threw the rock.

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky: Please accept my apology for the thread drift. I'm curious which camera you're using. Thank you.

That's no problem It's a Conbrov DC6000. I really like it since it's very small but records good quality video. Last night was actually the 1st time I've downloaded a video from it since I started using it before Christmas.

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got a very good deal and paid like $65 for the camera and a 32GB memory card. They are still available for a little bit more $ now.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore: After viewing the video and seeing the "diverse" nature of the neighborhood, don't bother. Local news will never run it. Doesn't fit the progressive narrative.

You got that right. Also one of the reasons why I didn't bother calling the police. I was also carrying my 320 compact 45 as well and I learned in my CCW class to retreat if possible and there was no way I was sticking around the neighborhood until the police arrived (which I highly doubt they would even come anyway.)

quote:
Originally posted by pessimist: Something similar happened to me last month. I was driving on the parkway and three kids on an overpass tossed a rock down that was the size of a cantaloupe. The rock smashed the hood of my work truck and then rode up into the windshield and smashed that as well.

I pulled over at the next exit and called the police. I just wanted to get a police report for the insurance company. Three cars were at my location in minutes. I told them that I couldn't identify anyone so that was that. They told me that it happens often as the kids get out of school.

I'm sorry to hear that pessimist. Something similar happened a few years ago not too far away in PA to a couple who live 25 minutes south of me but the large rock went through the windshield and hurt the lady very badly.

She was so messed up that her husband killed himself a few years after the incident Frown

http://www.dailyitem.com/news/...77-a39e356e41c0.html

quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Scum.

Yep. Nice job getting the screen shots cparktd. I had a hard enough time figuring how to upload the video. LOL

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Too bad the kids weren't white. The cops would have responded immediately, and the girl's dad would have apologized and already paid to have your car repaired.

Better luck next time.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2274 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this happen a few years ago coming home to NJ from a "goodguys" car show in NC. Kids in a ditch on the side of the road. Busted out the rear drivers side window for on my truck, got my buddy's 69ss chevelle in the center of the drivers door, got a rear quarter panel of another friends 69ss Camaro.

We pulled over immediately and called the cops. Long story short, the kids father completely denied his kid and friends would ever do something like this even after the kid semi-confessed. Cops took a report and that was it. Found out a few days later another couple of groups ahead of us got hit too but did not stop until a little ways down the road. Probably $20k+ in damages to all involved. Still pisses me off to think about it. Thankfully they only got my truck and not my 67ss chevelle on my open trailer.

You did the right thing by not stopping while armed. Kudos to you for having a cool head.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yeah so my brain translated that to

"kid Rock threw st my vehicle today....."

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want my video to be that crystal clear

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
At what point in the video is the event. I spent 2 minutes and I missed it.

If you pause it at 1:58 - 2:00 you see her (the girl with the red shirt.)
Or watching the recorded video time 4/22/2017 19:17:52 to 19:17:53

Interesting that the building they are standing next to has boarded up windows.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you should hunt her down

since the police don't have the resources to handle your issue, you should do it yourself

you should be able to find her pretty easily and track her for a few days

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Yep. Nice job getting the screen shots cparktd. I had a hard enough time figuring how to upload the video. LOL

Now just send that screen shot to CSI Akron and their computer people will zoom in on her face and use facial recognition software to have her ID pulled up in no time!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I recognized S Arlington immediately. Been through there many times. Eyes front, no stopping.

Remsig the incident you referenced, her name is Sharron Budd. They live very close to me in Uniontown. Amazing what dumb shit teens are doing.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now just send that screen shot to CSI Akron and their computer people will zoom in on her face and use facial recognition software to have her ID pulled up in no time!

quote:
posted April 24, 2017 12:50 AM Hide Post
I recognized S Arlington immediately. Been through there many times. Eyes front, no stopping.

Remsig the incident you referenced, her name is Sharron Budd. They live very close to me in Uniontown. Amazing what dumb shit teens are doing.

THANKS CSI OHIO

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You need a door gunner.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Didn't even slow down? If you slowed down it's barely discernible. I find that odd. Am I the only one that finds that odd??

I would have stopped if someone actually hit my car with a rock. If she connected with a rock that would have been loud as hell and if I didn't lock up the brakes right away I'd be pulling over a block away to get out and look at it. Depending on how bad it was I'd be calling the police. Kids are stupid.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kids these days are so destructive.
Many years ago, I was rounding a corner in a nice neighborhood on my motorcycle and a kid hit me in the thigh with a water ballon. It startled me and I went down. I followed his to his house and knocked on the door and his mom answered. I told her what he did and how I laid the bike down.
She said well J_ ___ Caty Ch_____. Took the boy in and slammed the door in my face.

I wonder if that door still has my boot print on it?

I think you did the right thing Rem.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
Didn't even slow down? If you slowed down it's barely discernible. I find that odd. Am I the only one that finds that odd??

I would have stopped if someone actually hit my car with a rock. If she connected with a rock that would have been loud as hell and if I didn't lock up the brakes right away I'd be pulling over a block away to get out and look at it. Depending on how bad it was I'd be calling the police. Kids are stupid.

Do they use these kids as bait? In other words, might these kids be trying to encourage you to chase them into an alley for untoward purposes?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post