SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kid threw rock at my vehicle while driving today - video included
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kid threw rock at my vehicle while driving today - video included Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
While driving home from dinner, with my 4 kids and one their girlfriend's in my SUV, I noticed 4 kids on a side street as I was approaching the street they were hanging out on.

As I got closer, one of the kids, I think a boy, took off running and at the last second another of the kids, a girl, threw a rock and hit the passenger side rear door of my SUV. I let cooler heads prevail and kept going; but soon after I remembered I have my dash cam which I bought before Christmas.

When I got home I was able to do the video and you can see the kids pretty clearly. If you pause the video at 1:58 (it's a 3 minute video,) you can see the girl cock her arm back but you can't actually see her throw the rock. It hit the door pretty hard and there's a mark Red Face I don't have the nicest vehicle in the world (it's a 2012 white Honda Pilot) but it's mine and I try to take care of it the best I can.

Sorry, I still don't know how to embed videos.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=MdDF8l-3n8s

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Your link no worky

This will generate a link that will imbed a youtube video that will work on sigforum.

http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=MdDF8l-3n8s

Link doesn't work

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
All the same Justin, glad noone was hurt. Damn brats. Young people have too much time and no guidance now a days.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Post instructions so this guy can embed video please.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it is a clear video and a slow news day that could make the local news. They post that kind of stuff here all the time. Of course if it is a major metro areas probably not. A possible opportunity to use Social media for a positive result.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I think I figured it out finally.

quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
All the same Justin, glad noone was hurt. Damn brats. Young people have too much time and no guidance now a days.

You are correct David, it pissed me off but I knew it wasn't worth pursuing.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
"Teens"

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34395 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
At what point in the video is the event. I spent 2 minutes and I missed it.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
At what point in the video is the event. I spent 2 minutes and I missed it.

If you pause it at 1:58 - 2:00 you see her (the girl with the red shirt.)

posted Hide Post
Had the same thing happen to me recently while driving my work vehicle, unmarked LE.

Circled around but the kid ran off of course.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have had that happen. I saw a bunch of school buses parked right there. If you want to spend the time I am sure you could track down who it was. If that is a school they will know who it is. You did the right thing by not stopping.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Follow this link to post YouTube videos:

http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl

Once you submit, copy the chosen code and paste it into a post box here.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17598 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Scum.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wouldn't stop in that neighborhood, either.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I hope karma gets that bitch one day soon.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Detour around Mogadishu next time!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4654 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Another future dindunuffin.

Imbecile could have blinded or possibly even killed someone playing that stupid game.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesus Rem, East Cleveland?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I have no doubts, you will see her again. On the eleven o'clock report as "Breaking News".

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8380 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post