SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    5 home invaders with a shotgun vs homeowner with machete? Homeowner OWNS them.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 home invaders with a shotgun vs homeowner with machete? Homeowner OWNS them. Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/356...-home-with-a-machete

VIDEO: Sarasota man defends home with a machete

SARASOTA, Fla. -

Five south Florida men have been arrested in connection to an armed robbery in Sarasota early Thursday morning.

Police responded to a call at 4:45 a.m. about a suspicious man with a rifle at a home, and arrived at the scene to find the homeowner had disarmed the suspect and was holding him until deputies arrived.

The victim told authorities about two other suspects who had escaped, and they and two others were eventually found in a car at a nearby gas station.

Two of the suspects admitted to the robbery, according to police.

Suspect Alen Beltran-Vasquez is charged with two counts of armed robbery and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Ronier Jauregi-Lorente and Angel Cabrera-Basulto are charged with two counts each of armed robbery. Jorge Valido-Leyva and Roberto Selcedo-Balanza are each charged with two counts of principal armed robbery.

All five men are being held at the Sarasota County Jail without bond. The investigation is ongoing.

YouTube video of robbery if someone can bed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDfg3b35PIY

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Beware of robbing an old man with a red floor and a big machette...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
What's with the hyphenated names?

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Alen Beltran-Vasquez
Ronier Jauregi-Lorente
Angel Cabrera-Basulto
Jorge Valido-Leyva
Roberto Selcedo-Balanza
For fuck's sake! Roll Eyes

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real reason they ran was the guard dog who appeared at 1:07.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow, that dude was fearless. He reacted pretty quickly and didn't seem to care much that he had a shotgun pointed at him.

And I don't think the dog was much help. Razz

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he's been down this road before.

Here is a good observation about life. Don't f%$# with Old Guys.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
that was great. but I cant believe BG doesn't shoot shotgun. guess it was not loaded, jammed, fake, a non working piece of crap or BG had no balls. I like how the older guy takes the shotgun and just throws it away when the younger guy hands it to him, keeping the BG at machete point. and how he comes close to chopping of the younger guys ear when he swings his arm around him to point at something. and that little dog in the background. you cant make stuff like this up. great job on the older guy taking charge and defending himself, other and property.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Alen Beltran-Vasquez
Ronier Jauregi-Lorente
Angel Cabrera-Basulto
Jorge Valido-Leyva
Roberto Selcedo-Balanza

My thoughts exactly. A bunch of choir boys I'm sure.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Was the shotgun just a prop? Don't point that thing unless you plan to use it son.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Goes to show also that the gun doesn't do you a bit of good if it's merely just there. Glad the homeowner prevailed, but the guy with the shotgun may as well have brought a pool noodle for all the good it did as an intimidation factor.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onikuma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:

I believe that it's a naming custom for spain, latin american countries, etc.

Mal: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...

Posts: 896 | Location: city of fallen angels ;) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Don't bring a gun to a knife fight! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That was quite a machete Eek

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onikuma:

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Alen Beltran-Vasquez
Ronier Jauregi-Lorente
Angel Cabrera-Basulto
Jorge Valido-Leyva
Roberto Selcedo-Balanza

Reminds me of a crazy old horny Ladino Jewish guy. Levin Libido-Loco

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
...arrived at the scene to find the homeowner had disarmed the suspect.........

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onikuma:
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:

yep. As a former resident of the people's republic of commifornia, I can verify this. While that's their legal names, they likely only use one of them (their fathers last name) on a day to day basis.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
He probably forgot to rack it. That would have scared them into immediate submission.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post