SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man, Purdue is taking it to O-HI-O (football).
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man, Purdue is taking it to O-HI-O (football). Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
I love seeing an upset, always entertaining to see the might college football teams falter...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying watching WSU beating Oregon. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Purdue is pouring it on. Brohm needs a win like this to build on. He is a quarterback's coach. He'll probably never leave Purdue but since he's a local Louisville guy with a family with big ties to U of L there is hope but realistically Purdue is a better job than UofL. Good luck.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Just, wow.... Pick six. Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That second half was a massacre.

Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
That was terrible.

Urban was out coached.
No Running game
Defense was pathetic.
Linebackers were nonexistent
+ pass attempts.

OSU did not deserve the #2 rating...

Class of 93 - it looked like what I saw as a student when John Cooper was frequently outcoached.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
My dad is a Boilmaker. We enjoyed the first half but expected Ohio to put up points in the second half and win the game. The second half was an exhubirent surprise! The crowd energy and home field advantage was palpable even on tv. Urban Meyer's reactions got some good laughs! The fake field goal was brilliant. People will be telling their grandkids about being at that game. Respect to the pass defense also.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
OSU has been overconfident and lazy. They needed to be put in their place and Purdue was the best choice to do it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Magnificent play calling by Purdue!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trust me, I am a
Professional Engineer.
Picture of RespectTheAmish
posted Hide Post
It was a great game, for the Boliermakers. I thought it would be a totally different second half, and as normal Purdue would find a way to lose. Bolier Up

Posts: 482 | Location: Wish I was in Indy | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
OSU has been overconfident...

...and over rated. There is a positive bias in the ratings for OSU that often gives them more credit then they have earned.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Purdue brought the house, and Urban looked like someone had kicked his puppy and drank his milkshake.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Purdue had some emotional motivation. A cancer patient named Tyler Trent is a huge Purdue fan and was friended by the team. Last night was probably his last game he can attend.

https://www.sbnation.com/colle...nt-cancer-ohio-state

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering what psychological or emotional effect Bosa withdrawing from the team might have on his former teammates. It certainly would affect any team's performance to lose a player of his caliber.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Purdue had some emotional motivation. A cancer patient named Tyler Trent is a huge Purdue fan and was friended by the team. Last night was probably his last game he can attend.

https://www.sbnation.com/colle...nt-cancer-ohio-state

Yeah, Sports Center did a nice story on him and the team. He called the win before the game and his boys didn't disappoint.

4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I am one that believes in the power of Prayer.. .and #Tylerstrong had a Lot of people praying for his wish to come true.. And I am sure the Purdue Team were motivated to win this for him.
I am a huge Ohio State fan.. but this was a good loss.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yea...I am sure this morning that some people just feel terrible for Ohio but I’m sure not one of them. Michigan will expose them too.

Now if Purdue could just schedule the evil empire then all will be right in the world.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Boiler up!!!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy a good upset.... unless it knocks me out of the Survivor’s Pool.

Dammit!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post