SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What were your favorite childhood toys?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What were your favorite childhood toys? Login/Join 
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
Steve Austin aka The 6 Million Dollar Man. I still have him as well as Oscar Goldman (with exploding briefcase) and mask-a-tron.

Also enjoyed my Planet of the Apes figures and Space 1999 Spaceship with action figures. Fun times in the 70's.

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Lincoln logs occupied me for hours on end.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the golden age of Saturday morning cartoons engineered to sell stuff to kids. I loved LEGOs, but they were rookies then. 1980s GI Joe, MASK, my brother's Star Wars toys, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, Little People. My favorite of all was watching Top Gun for the 100th time while playing with my USS Flagg.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Legos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Another toy I spent many hours with was the Girder & Panel Building sets.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Circa 1950, Red Ryder lever action BB gun. Looked like a lever action Winchester. Actually had to use it a couple times to defend myself from a set of twin boys much bigger than me, who beat hell out of me every time they had a chance. Shot one of them in the belly at a range of about 3 feet. Got away that time.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I was just on the phone with my brother, and he reminded me that he used to swing his clackers at me. They hurt. I can't believe we never exploded them.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots
Major Matt Mason action figures
Viewmaster 3D viewer
Wham O Superballs
AFX and Tyco slot cars

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Lincoln logs and plastic army men.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I think I had the siren hooked up most if the time Big Grin

that was kit - I had one that 200 and 250 different kits - forgot about the wood frame, the conical springs and little tinned wire segments

those were the days - before LED's and integrated circuits - learned a lot of circuit theory from those

mine were 1968 and 1969 vintage

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Aurora electric race track, GI Joes, Hot Wheels.

Anyone remember the Supercharger, I believe they called it, for Hot Wheels?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Cap guns

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tinker Toys, Red Ryder BB gun, and Schwinn cruiser bicycle with chrome fenders.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
70's TONKA and those bigger Matchbox. My childhood days were in the 70s. I can still remember all the TONKA and MatchBoxes I had when I was a child. I started hunting for a replacement from ebay several years ago. I was able to purchase ALL (New Old Stock) of what I had. I had to pay premium though. I was also able to purchase couple of Tonkas that I didn't have (but wanted one).

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Major Matt Mason figurine. Just very cool stuff when your a little kid in the 60's. Hot Wheels. My Schwinn hand me down Bike. God I loved being a little kid. We played Viet Nam alot with neighborhood kids.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Hammer and a rope !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Transformers!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I mostly played with some kind of ball (any sport) or did a lot of shooting with a Daisy Golden Eagle (later replaced by a Crosman 760) or wrist rocket.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Transformers!

When my brother told me, many years ago, that my nephew wanted a a transformer for his birthday, I was puzzled. "A fly-back transformer or an audio transformer?" I asked.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Metal earth moves, graders, and various related toys. They were huge with me as a kid. Metal fire trucks were equally cool

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post