SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What were your favorite childhood toys?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What were your favorite childhood toys? Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Lincoln Logs, Erector Set, (I could use one today) and Tinker Toys.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any thing that shot something-slingshot, bow and arrows, BB gun, sling (think David and Goliath), 22 rifle and pistol, spears, bolo.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Strictly from a toy standpoint I would have to say transformers. Honestly though, I was never a big toy kid. My fishing pole and tackle box were my favorite possessions. By the time I was 8 years old I was deemed responsible enough to carry a pocket knife and go down to the lake with my BB gun alone. Those three things were cherished and used far more than any toys. My allowance was spent on fishing tackle and BB's.......and the odd balsa wood rubber band powered airplane. Smile

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah - the previous post reminded me.

In the later 60's my absolute favorite was the Aurora Thunderjet 500 HO Racing set.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
http://www.rebelscum.com/Kenner-MilleniumFalcon.asp

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Anybody old enough to remember these...I had one I got for Christmas...it was awesome Razz...Mighty Mo cannon...

And these...taught me how to throw a hand granade and use binoculars Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure wanted one of these. My parents said it was too expensive.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Tonka trucks, Legos, GI Joe (little ones)

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...a stick...

GI Joe/Big Jim/Evel Knievel figures
Legos
Hot Wheels
AFX track/HO train set combo my dad built onto a 6x8 sheet of plywood

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Tonka stuff, my bicycle and GI Joe. Later the original Nintendo.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Would have to be my bike, a Schwinn 'Stingray'. It was badass for it's time, and also my transportation mode.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
We used to set up some sweet Hot Wheels tracks, I was fond of loop-d-loops. Then, of course, dad got us a pong for the ol' black and white. Life changed that day.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
In no particular order:
Green army men
Lego
Lincoln Logs
Toy guns
Wooden blocks

While not a toy per se, I did take great pleasure in tormenting my little sister.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ewok village and other star Wars toys.

If left unopened probably would fetch enough money to buy a brand new car with all the stuff I had.

#2 toy soldiers, I loved the parachuting ones especially.

#3 Pump Master 760 BB gun.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
These...I loved mine and the electric motor was the berries!...I made robots!

We were poor and couldn't afford Erector®, but I did have a cheap knockoff set with a motor and had lots of fun with it. I also had Lincoln Logs® and Tinkertoys®.

One of my cousins and I would take shirt cardboards (his dad managed a Laundry), cut them into strips about 2" wide and form them into shallow troughs, then assemble them into complex structures we could run marbles down. (It's amazing what a little ingenuity can do with simple materials.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
Would have to be my bike, a Schwinn 'Stingray'. It was badass for it's time, and also my transportation mode.

eTripper, I had this bike but w/ a 5 speed shifter on the crotch bar. At least that's what I think they call that part of the frame.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Legos. Mainly Space and Castle, with some Pirates mixed in too.

Star Trek and Star Wars action figures.

And the little grey/green Army men, especially the ones that looked like WW2 German soldiers.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Lincoln Logs, Erector Set, (I could use one today) and Tinker Toys.

I liked all of those, but the Slinky was my favorite.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A slinky, but I straitened it.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Big Wheel, especially when they put the brake handle on them. Perfect for making a 180.

Green Machine. Like a Big Wheel but you sat back low with legs out front. And you steered with dual joy sticks. None of the Big Wheel kids could catch me on that thing.

Tinker Toys

Hot Wheels

My Schwinn Stingray like above but yellow.

BB guns, still have them and the indoor target I used on rainy days.

I also had a pocket knife since I was 8 and have carried a knife ever since, daily.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post