SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drowning in debt
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drowning in debt Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm in, just need directions.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As far as I'm concerned, donations could be sent directly to clubleaf, unless some trusted, longtime member wants to step up as proxy.
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Clubleaf,

When you are logged back in, you should set yourself with a Paypal or VenMo account, or confirm if your bank work with Zelle. Then let us know =)
Yes, that would work.

Do it with PP F/F. You'll get 100% of the money, and no one is having to pay a fee. Definitely no GFM, where they get some of your money, if I'm correct.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
GoFundMe takes a substantial chunk of donations- 15 or 20%, the thieving bastards.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just tell me where to send it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm in Smile just need to know the particulars.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd like to contribute, but I don't do Paypal. I had an issue with them a number of years ago and won't ever use them again. I'm stubborn that way.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'm in, let's do this! Smile

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for you. I went through a devastating job loss in 2010 and didn't get through it and back to gainful employment until 2016; (really crooked bull shit where the company violated law and their own policy to get rid of me due to simple jealously at my success, they then tried to black ball me so I would never work again).

In fact I am still paying back taxes and bills, but am very close to zero again after a lot of hard work and keeping my nose to the grindstone.

The depression and feelings of failure as well as isolating myself do to the shame I created in my own mind were the worst.

I found great help just venting on this forum to our friends here, and mostly got excellent advice/sympathy.

It took a lot of hard work, a complete change in career, as well as all of my faith to recover. I did it, it's been hard work and nothing is ever perfect, but I have found my calling, am well compensated for my work, my hard times directly relate to empathy for my customers. I recently won a corporate award for compassion that carries a lot of weight.

Keep pushing forward, I failed a whole lot, ran into dead ends, it broke me heart and spirit, but I never out right quit. I got really pissed and fought. Do this and let the good people here give you advice. Best wishes.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I'm in! I would love to help.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
GoFundMe takes a substantial chunk of donations- 15 or 20%, the thieving bastards.

2.9%, plus $0.30 per donation.

For instance, if 500 people give $10,000, gofundme gets $440.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Gimme your paypal address.

Everyone here helped my beloved birds many times over, I have no problem doing my part for Clubleaf.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
PP works for me too, friends and family= no fees.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Ah, I posted before I read through the thread. SF assisted me, I am certainly in to help.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
In addition, the OP should post what line of work he is in, got to be a member/members nearby that know someone or someplace hiring. I think getting out of the house and back to work would do miracles in this situation, and not just financially.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just say how, and when.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be honored to help. I can do it via Paypal or by just sending a check. Just let me know.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to help as well.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m in.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry about your mother. I want to also suggest against selling the house. Cash flow is what you need to catch up on- if you sell the house it will get you out of the bind, but if the cash flow is t right you’ll be back in a bind soon enough.

Whatever line of work you were in, keep looking, but do something in the interim to bring in cash. Everybody I’ve ever asked driving for Uber says they average $20/hour. And I recently learned that Uber tracks your mileage as long as the app is on and you’re looking for passengers, so you get a .51/ mile deduction for the entire time you’re working. You’ll make $20/hour and only pay taxes on $10 or thereabouts.

Another thought is that you could make $100-$150/ day just house sitting with someone elderly- pretty much like you did with your mother. People pay $15/hour cash for someone trustworthy to spend the night (or day) with elderly relatives that want to live in their own home.

Just a couple of ideas- Uber is immediate cash relief. Good luck!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
I have known clubleaf for about forty years. He is not one to let others know his problems lightly. He is one that will give you the shirt off his back, be there when ever assistance is needed. And I'll echo para, he's not asking for help.

He rode with me frequently on the street, and was routinely handed the knight stick or left with the shotgun unlocked in the patrol car. If shit hit the fan, I knew I had an instant backup on the spot. On one call we were dealing with an mentally ill individual who decided to take off running. Without thinking I told him to "go get that guy." I looked back at the other people we were dealing with and looked back up to see him shoulder dive "Kenny" to the ground. He is my best friend.

My daughter moved from here in NC back to Kansas and moved in with her grandmother and aunt. There came a time when I had some concerns with my daughter and the aunts baby daddy. I'm eighteen hours away, but I knew that once I let him know what was going on and she called him, that what ever needed to be done he would take care of it until I could get there. There are others in his circle of friends that he has gone out of his way to assist when they were in financial situations and never asked for anything in return for that help.

Without his permission I won't go into any of his person details. There may be some assistance that he will have access to, but that won't happen for half a year or more.

Check is in the mail.

Under Construction

Posts: 362 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post