SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bluetooth speaker recommendations please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluetooth speaker recommendations please Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
It’s for my wife. She’s no audiophile, just looking for something to listen to audiobooks while she works and music while she works around the house. The last couple were just Walmart cheapos and developed pairing problems after a year or so. Which ones will last and are easily moved from room to room? I have no idea what they cost beyond big box shelf examples. Budget is up to $150.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oontz angle 3 ultra. $35 and nearly as good as my $100 UE Boom.
I have 2 & use them as a stereo pair in my shop.
They have been trouble free for 2 years for 1 and 6mos for the 2nd. The only complaint I have vs the Boom is the bass is a bit weak - but that won't matter at all for audio books.

If you want better sound/loudness, the UE boom is a good speaker & a friend has the JBL that is just as good in the limited times I've spend with it. They're both about $100, probably on sale this weekend.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
OontZ has worked great for us.

https://www.amazon.com/Cambrid...26-b7c4-3e7a9c0027d0

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a JBL charge 4. The sound quality is very good. I compared the sound to the others in the store at the time of purchase, as it was noticeably better than the others.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Can this one be used with an AC adapter or is it only powered by batteries ?

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Can this one be used with an AC adapter or is it only powered by batteries ?

It has an AC adapter to re-charge it

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This is the one I bought and I'm impressed with the quality of the sound for the money.

https://www.amazon.com/AOMAIS-...63?crid=A3UCHFX4OKAN

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've had the UE Mega Boom for a number of years now. I love it. Durable, waterproof, (I've left it out overnight in the rain more than once) and excellent sound!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have two of these. I got them on Black Friday sale one year. One for home and one for the office. Absolutely love them. No problems at all and the sound quality is great for the size.
[URL=JBL GO2 - Waterproof Ultra Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q...t1_cf8VFb0DGFT1W]JBL small Bluetooth speaker[/URL]

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Check the local pawn shops- sometimes they have them at good prices. I bought a really nice Sony SRS-XB20 for $25 after pairing it in the store. It makes excellent sound. If you'd rather have new, Newegg has the same unit new for $50. They are quality speakers.

https://www.newegg.com/p/0G6-0...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My wife has had a Sony speaker for 5 years now that she moves room to room when cleaning, and uses when she works out on her bike. It sounds good as well. Of course that model isn't made anymore, but Best Buy has a range of Sony speakers on sale: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/s...d=pcmcat748300657515. I'd pick the $60 round XB23 or the $80 XB32 for your wife. The XB32 has 830+ 5 star reviews and 16 1 star.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I have an Anker Soundcore 2.

I think it sounds great. Its $21 on Amazon right now.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the JBL Charge 3 and Charge 4. I looked at quite a few before purchasing.

Out of all that I looked at/listened to. The JBL was usually Louder and more clear, with better Bass.

Plus they had 20 hours of run time, which was better than almost everyone else, and it was priced better than most. In a nice compact package.

There might be better sounding speakers, but at a much higher cost.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
We have a JBL Charge and Flip and both are great.

Posts: 2291 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Klipsch is running their annual sale, and they have 2 different ones that easily meet your requirements.

First one is 69$ on sale, here is the link for that one:

https://www.klipsch.com/produc...le-bluetooth-speaker

The second one is currently 99$ on sale:

https://www.klipsch.com/produc...ove-wireless-speaker

Good luck.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a JBL Charge 4 at home and a (smaller) Flip 5 at work. Both have great battery life. Sound is great too but better in the Charge.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Another vote for oontz.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bose Soundlink Mini even though I don't like Bose. Small and sounds good.

Apple HomePod is really good sounding but pricey. he new mini is cheaper.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
In 2017, I started with an OontZ Angle 3, and my wife appropriated it for her office. She wants to be able to listen without bothering her cube farm people. Now she is working in a home office and still uses it. It is only available as a refurb now evidently.

I then bought an Oontz Angle 3 (3rd Gen), and I really like it. Would love a newer one but it still works great, holds a charge well, pairs effortlessly with my android and is just fine.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I have an Anker Soundcore 2.

I think it sounds great. Its $21 on Amazon right now.

The Soundcore is $21.98.

The Soundcore 2 is $39.99.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post