SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A little advice regarding breaking up with my girlfriend?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little advice regarding breaking up with my girlfriend? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously man, I have no clue but I do wish you and her the best. Just be prepared for possible rejection from the new girl...

Always a possibility - but the more I think about it, this is more about my current girlfriend not being the right person for the long term, not because I wanting to get into some new girls pants. If it just about the sex, I'd keep the status que.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
If you're absolutely sure your feeling aren't brought on by this whole lock down thing then break the news to her that it's over. Post Haste! If you're not sure, think about it for awhile.

Yeah, I feel good about that. Like I said, I was planning on breaking it off with her before this happened.

A few of you already mentioned, and here it is.

I just feel like I'm doing wrong if I leave her at this particular time. My issues, I know. But that's why I'm struggling with this so much.

It's not like I can go out with new girl anyway, so at a minimum I am going to get to her house in the next week or so and do it in person.

She deserves better than a phone call.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well don't feel bad, she'll get over it, you aren't leaving her homeless or anything. Get on with your life and move on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Color me old-fashioned, but I simply don’t understand how the “next girlfriend” isn’t your bigger concern or why she hasn’t already expressed concern about this?

Seems like you were either lying to her or to you.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just say all the stress of recent events made you gay.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
... Just be prepared for possible rejection from the new girl...

/\/\/\/\/....

I've passed up a couple of good women to get involved with one's who were as crazy as a Bed Bug.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
I don't envy your position...I would be honest with her and not prolong. Let me know when you need the engagement ring? LOL. best of luck buddy~

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
I don't envy your position...I would be honest with her and not prolong. Let me know when you need the engagement ring? LOL. best of luck buddy~

LOL

You're the best!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
If you turned 50 you already must have realized that you are not getting any younger and that time runs out.

As painful as it might be, get it done. Then do your mourning time before engaying in the new relationship. Don´t try to overlap/rush your own psyche needs.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I believe I would tell her something exactly like the way you told us.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Does she have a place to go?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:

LOL

You're the best!

I wish you luck. I'm in the camp of don't prolong it. Not fair to either of you. Apart from that you can't go wrong with a ring from Dave. I didn't think I'd ever get engaged again. But I did and Dave delivered like you wouldn't believe. The compliments I get on the ring are non-stop. Every girlfriend of hers is envious.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd listen to CheeseGrits.
Bad news doesn't get better with age.
Be prepared for more emotional stress.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Well, she’s in love with you and you said you too love her... what makes her not the one?

What is it that you want out of a relationship?

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I'm still holding out for RHINO's magic touch.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Does she read SigForum? Maybe she'll stumble upon this thread and the rest will take care of itself Razz

In all seriousness, are you closer to a decision?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
You just need to listen to some Paul Simon. Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover to be specific. Wink

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
My take on this is probably quite different.

I’ll start off by saying that grass always looks greener where the cows have been shitting.

My wife and I don’t have much in common. She’s not that big into off roading or shooting, but does these things because she wants to do things together. I don’t like to clean like a crazy OCD person, but I do, because it makes her feel safe and relaxed. She’s super religious. I’m not. I go to church and all that stuff, because it brings her joy. She likes to sleep with her legs on top of my thighs (I’m a stomach sleeper and she sleeps on her back) and this can be very annoying, even after 16 years. It can cause physical pain, as I will wake up with backaches from her leg weight on my legs, contorting my back oddly. (She’s working on not doing this anymore for health reasons).

This is just a small sample of things like this.

We do these things because we love each other.

I’m a decent looking guy, in good shape, I have a pretty great personality, and I have a great job. Where I live, I’m what many women would consider a unicorn. I could find a woman that is younger, considered more attractive, a nymphomaniac, and has everything in common with me.

Personally, I don’t want that. There are things I wouldn’t want to give up. My wife is like half of me. I know that sounds so gay, but it’s true. She’s my other half. She makes sure I always have clean ironed clothes, picks out what I wear each day and makes sure I look good. She makes sure I eat properly. Sometimes this shit is annoying. It’s almost like she’s being a mom, and it drives me bananas.

I trust her more than I would trust any other human on this planet. She wouldn’t cheat on me, not for all the money in the world. I have zero doubt that she wouldn’t even think twice, and would take a bullet to save me. I would do the same for her.

As I’m sure you know, being married 20 years, relationships are a lot of work.

So my wife definitely not “the right one”, and that’s exactly what makes her the right one.

Good luck Ronin. I wish the best outcome for you.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I'm still holding out for RHINO's magic touch.
Man, you done missed it, back a couple of pages! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post