SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gorsuch hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gorsuch hearing Login/Join 
posted
I wish Gorsuch could have his 5 mins to ask these dumb ass Senators to explain the crimes & lies they've been in.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Gorsuch has too much class and intellect to stoop to the level of the Senators questioning him. I give him a great measure of respect for actually responding to the questions posed and not pulling a Sotomayer or Ginsberg routine.. The man has proven he is the best choice to sit on the high court.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
He is so far above the dimowits intellectually it's laughable. He's handing them their ass subtly and they're too stupid to know it.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed, yes he is!
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
He is so far above the dimowits intellectually it's laughable. He's handing them their ass subtly and they're too stupid to know it.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

+1MM

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've been watching for about an hour and I concur that he is very smart and it is nice to see him giving it back to them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I do like the guy. How frustrated the Dims must be.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I watched a bit of it while eating lunch. I think I have a man-crush on Judge Gorsuch. He's not taking any crap from these mentally challenged morons questioning him, and his answers have been especially matter of fact. Can we just go ahead and vote him in today?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Listening to Lindsey Graham today perfectly illustrated the stark difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans still have members who want Dems to like them and feel they can trust the dems and work together for the greater good. The dems have almost completely purged and or silenced all the people like that in their party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Gorsuch has too much class and intellect to stoop to the level of the Senators questioning him. I give him a great measure of respect for actually responding to the questions posed and not pulling a Sotomayer or Ginsberg routine.. The man has proven he is the best choice to sit on the high court.

Or Comey.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I watched some,but when the stupid durbin started his ranting I could take no more.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Gorsuch handles a super cheap shot from Feinstein

https://youtu.be/4KUKO5DsExI

I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
I cannot take the sly BS... they keep asking him a question, then when he tries to explain (VERY clearly and logically, I must point out), he gets interrupted and the question is shifted.

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Viewed an excellent reply from Feinstein about Heller.

He ate her lunch and she didn't even know it.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I tried watching some of it.

Could not take the grandstanding from idiots like Durbin who babbles all kinds of political trash, then asks a dumb question, then interrupts Gorsuch before he can answer.

It makes me ill to watch these assholes pontificate for 10+ minutes about all kinds of unrelated BS, then ask a question which is completely inappropriate to the proceedings.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These democrat senators are trying to impress their "base", even if it makes the senators look stupid!!!.....like many of their base. They were elected to TALK........it doesn't have to be intelligent talk.....a good thing for most of them.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/njoZE514llk

Gorsuch handling Durbin.

This attack by Durbin was set up by a letter written by a Susan Sisk. Turns out Sisk is a former DEM operative.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...er-dem-aide-n2301602

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
OK, just what in the wild world of sports is Al "Idiot" Franken going on about? This guy sucks beyond belief. Biggest dickhead in Washington.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al Frankin is an ass. That's all I got.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post