SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gorsuch hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gorsuch hearing Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You can tell Gorsuch has absolutely zero respect for idiot Al. It's written all over his face.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Franken is the poster child for term limits. Many of these folks have long outlived their usefulness. Shame on the states that sent these clowns to represent there interests..

Posts: 13865 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to this hearing for a good part of the day, TV on in the background while working.

I must say, Gorsuch comes across as a genuine and caring person with little or no agenda. I mean he really seems like a great guy.

I don't know what kind of a justice he'll make, but I really like him as a person.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6374 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You have to ask what the hell is wrong with the people of Minnesota when they elected Franken?
What a freaking idiot.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I've been watching this from the start and came to the same conclusion, great guy. sorta reminds me of Jimmy Stewart
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I've been listening to this hearing for a good part of the day, TV on in the background while working.

I must say, Gorsuch comes across as a genuine and caring person with little or no agenda. I mean he really seems like a great guy.

I don't know what kind of a justice he'll make, but I really like him as a person.

Posts: 13865 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Franken is an embarrassment.

It was, however, comical (the only time he's been funny in his career IMO) to see this knuckle-dragging idiot try to match wits with someone with Gorsuch's intellect. Then, realizing he's made a grave miscalculation he goes to page one of the liberal handbook and gets angry.

Comical...yet sad beyond belief that this is where we are.

Can you imagine this clown being in the Senate 230 years ago? Good God, those guys would have kicked his ass.

I haven't caught all of his hearing, but the parts I have seen he has really impressed me as a judge and as a man. I'd love to take him fishing sometime. I would, however, have some words with him regarding his comments about Kagan.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like his speaking cadence. Those pauses which aren't manufactured are saying something along with the words in between the pauses.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al Franken is a babbling moron.

Posts: 7130 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Sens Franken and Klobuchar:

I hereby renounce any previous connections I may or may not have had with the formerly-glorious state you two "represent." I never went to college there, never worked there, never went fishing there with my father and great-uncle, and in fact have never been there.

You two make Sens Durbin and Duckworth look good.

It's no wonder that Congress has an overall approval rating that has consistently been below 20% for the better part of an entire generation.

/screed off/

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9386 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The desire to get their mugs on Television overwhelms their ability to realize they are dealing with someone far smarter than they are .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
Without hyperbole....that sounded like the rambling of a lunatic. I gather someone could not feel his toes and then his body, yadayada, interstate highway.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Dear Sens Franken and Klobuchar:

I hereby renounce any previous connections I may or may not have had with the formerly-glorious state you two "represent." I never went to college there, never worked there, never went fishing there with my father and great-uncle, and in fact have never been there.

You two make Sens Durbin and Duckworth look good.

It's no wonder that Congress has an overall approval rating that has consistently been below 20% for the better part of an entire generation.

/screed off/

Keep those wonderful memories and just convince yourself they happened somewhere else.

I was subjected to Duckworth's first campaign that she lost when I was still living in a Crook County, Chicago suburb.

Hit me up if you'd like some advice about moving to Texas.

Posts: 1460 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you hear what Senator Diane Feinstein said?

“I firmly believe the American Constitution is a living document intended to evolve as our country evolves. In 1789, the population of the United States was under four million. Today, we're 325 million and growing. At the time of our founding, African-Americans were enslaved. It was not so long after women had been burned at the stake for witchcraft, and the idea of an automobile, let alone the internet, was unfathomable. In fact, if we were to dogmatically adhere to originalist interpretations, then we would still have segregated schools, and bans on interracial marriage. Women wouldn’t be entitled to equal protection under the law, and government discrimination against LGBT Americans would be permitted.

So I am concerned when I hear that Judge Gorsuch is an originalist and a strict constructionist.”

Of course it's a "living document" you effing twat, just not the way you want it to be. That's why our Founding Fathers had the genius to provide for the amendment process, as opposed to having activist judges decide what is best for the country. Man, I despise that woman.

Link to a story on her stupidity:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...lism-robert-kraychik

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Somehow, a witch was missed during the burning seasons...
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:

“I firmly believe the American Constitution is a living document intended to evolve as our country evolves. In 1789, the population of the United States was under four million. Today, we're 325 million and growing. At the time of our founding, African-Americans were enslaved. It was not so long after women had been burned at the stake for witchcraft, and the idea of an automobile, let alone the internet, was unfathomable. In fact, if we were to dogmatically adhere to originalist interpretations, then we would still have segregated schools, and bans on interracial marriage. Women wouldn’t be entitled to equal protection under the law, and government discrimination against LGBT Americans would be permitted.

So I am concerned when I hear that Judge Gorsuch is an originalist and a strict constructionist.”

Of course it's a "living document" you effing twat, just not the way you want it to be. That's why our Founding Fathers had the genius to provide for the amendment process, as opposed to having activist judges decide what is best for the country. Man, I despise that woman.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:

Hit me up if you'd like some advice about moving to Texas.

I'm already shopping for my "Texan By Choice" bumper sticker. Unfortunately, two problems right now: we're stuck living on Social Security and my girlfriend doesn't like the idea. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9386 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

What she's saying here is she wants judges to legislate from the bench.

Dangerous, despicable, vile woman...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Schumer is exploiting Comey's never ending investigation coupled w constant hints of collusion w Russia.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor...russia-investigation

Schumer: "It is unseemly to be moving forward so fast on confirming a Supreme Court justice with a lifetime appointment while this big gray cloud of an FBI investigation hangs over the presidency,"

FBI Director James Comey confirmed during a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Monday that the bureau is investigating Russia's meddling in the White House race, including any potential coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

What she's saying here is she wants judges to legislate from the bench.

But only if those judges agree with the Leftist agenda.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 584 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:

Exactly right. Good point.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:

Exactly right. Good point.

Yeah but it's usually a self fulfilling prophecy because those that would legislate from the bench would typically be liberal.

Posts: 1172 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post