SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long have you known your oldest friend?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long have you known your oldest friend? Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Depends on how many millions some democrat asshole is willing to pay me.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
since 1978,

periods we chat a lot, and periods we don't see each other for months,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He's 70 years old, but I've only known him for about 5 years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been in the military for 20 years and moved a lot. Never kept a friend long. After retirement I worked in LE and never made May friends but my friends was my family. I have outlived my 4 sons and am down to 2 daughters and 4 grandkids. They are my new friends.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
57 years

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
47 years. My wife sees her a lot more than I do these days, but we have always been the kind of friends where we could go years without seeing each other and catch up quickly. Somehow, we always seem to laugh about old stories from our teen and before horse riding days and pranking her older sister...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
42 years. I don’t talk or see him as much as I’d like, cross country, but I still see his mom pretty regularly.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I was "introduced" at 3 months old, so I've known him for over 59 years. Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
49 years - my brother
39 years for my other friends Rob, Bruce, John, Tom, and Tommy then 24 years for Shea.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
48 years. Best Friend
Was my second room mate off base after my first room mate got an early out after we Decom the ship.
68 years old and i'm three month older and always reminds me.
We are 3k miles apart but he's getting ready to move closer to the west coast.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 78. Oldest male friend 60 years.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My mom was friends with his mom and there are pictures of us together at 1 year old. I'm 64, so 63 years approximately.

He's better friends with my 5 year older brother, but I see him regularly on the race course since we both skipper. My brother is his crew.

Our lake has a pretty solid sailboat racing tradition since as far back as least the 1940's. I have concluded that this friend is our lakes' greatest sailor of all time. He has many regatta wins as well as winning both the season Saturday and Sunday series in the same year several times. He played defensive back at Bucknell on scholarship.

I've known some very competitive people, including a female pro mountain bike racer who was also a pole vaulter at Clemson, and got third at the barefoot skiing junior world championships. My friend is the most competitive I know.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
51 years. Meet in kindergarten. We still see each other once or twice a year since we live in different states now.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
37 years. Met in college.

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
42 years.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since pre-school/kindergarten....say 55 years or so. Just had lunch with him this week. Helps we both live in the same city.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
66 Years I can't believe it has been that long

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 years.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
39 years.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We just had breakfast this morning. 46 years of being friends.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post