SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long have you known your oldest friend?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long have you known your oldest friend? Login/Join 
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
30 years.
And I love him like a brother even though he dislikes 1911s.

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Known my best friend since we were 10, so 30 years now, and have been best friends since 14 years old I'd say. Lots of memories and high jinks, thankfully without pictures. Lucky for us, went to different colleges (we've always been a bit of a bad influence when it comes to drinking and smoking), but always kept in touch and supported each other. He married his high school sweet heart (also a great friend of mine) and they moved away after college only to return to where I was doing residency years later. I move away for a couple years, only to return to the area a couple years later, slept in his guest room many nights while waiting for our house to sell. Now we live withing 15 minutes of each other, help each other out with projects all the time and are in the same Sunday School class. He helped me replace some deck boards last week. I'd certainly vouch for him any time, bury a body if needed, and am certain he would for me as well. Really, we're more twin brothers than best friends (we even look a lot alike, his wife recently mistook me for him from behind at church a couple months ago - hilarity of course ensued... and when I'm in his yard, his neighbors wave at me as if I'm him - though he never wears jeans and I do regularly, not that they really know that.)

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
51 years now. 2 States away now but we visit a few times a year.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
43 years for longest friendship. We talk and play cards online on the weekends. Some good times.

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 yrs

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
47 years, I'm 53. we talk every day and I see him quite a bit.

His kids are gone and he's divorced 3 times, I have a 14 year old and happily in marriage number 1 so our life paths have been a bit different.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
70 1/2 years. Born same day in same hospital, in rooms next door to each other. Our mothers were friends. He passed away 1 year ago this Friday

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
33 years

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Since kindergarten, which for us, has been 52 years.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
46 years. He was my best man and is godfather to both my daughters.

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I never had time to develop a life long friend when I was in school. I had to work to pay room and board, buy my own clothes, etc etc. I had part time jobs from age 14, and prior to that I was mowing lawns for money.

Went in the army at 17. Best buddy there died a few years ago.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
50 years, exactly. We live in different states and as often happens, even when I’m there, barely enough time to see family. Last fall, I found out he has terminal cancer. Since then, we talk at least monthly, and I’ve gone to visit once.

I hope this thread is a reminder to Forum members to re-establish relationships with old friends and family that meant a lot to you in the past. It’s good for ya

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
60 years.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Since the day before second grade. 30 years now.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
30 years. Guns, Porsches, dysfunctional friends, girlfriends and families are common between us. We were both the best man at each other's weddings. I'd like to think we got rid of the problem people over the years. Think he is a member here.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
30 years now. Met in boot camp and have been to hell and back together.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
47 years if my math is correct. We met in 5th grade, he dated my next door neighbor in HS, I dated a girl a few doors away from him in HS, he moved out here to AZ for college, I visited him every year or so until I moved out here 8 years ago, we now live about a half hour drive from each other and get together probably every couple of weeks or so.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best and longest friend now for 43 years. Met at the start of junior HS. We've been apart by 700 miles for the last 20 years, but still keep in close touch on a regular basis.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been friends with my oldest friend for 47 of my 51 years. She was also my first girlfriend and the first girl to break my heart. We have been through so much together and on our own, but still talk fairly regularly.

PS. She was my one and done redhead. :-)

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
70 1/2 years. Born same day in same hospital, in rooms next door to each other. Our mothers were friends. He passed away 1 year ago this Friday

I am so sorry for your loss, but you were blessed with a Great friendship.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post