SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're well, Mike! Take care and heal fully!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Wow that was a close one, I’m glad everything worked out and you’re on the mend. Get well soon!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am a bit stunned. But very grateful that you are still with us.

and so many thanks to sjtill, your wife and the medical team that performed the procedure.

(sjtill, I hope I got that "correct")

You impact a lot of people, para. Sometimes I think much more than you may realize.

"I feel ready to continue fighting the good fight"

We are with you.

sdy

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, para.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very glad you made it! Heck of a story.

I was almost a stubborn as you in procrastinating seeking medical treatment. Fortunately, my blockage was in a lesser artery.

Hope your recovery is swift.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy your writing but this one had me on edge. I enjoyed the ending.
I'm glad your doing better.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! Damn I’m glad thing’s worked out.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God you caught it in time and you're still with us.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm putting all of the sons o' bitches in this confused world on notice once again.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Wow. Glad you were able to duck under that sword.
Very glad you're still with us.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good news is always great to hear.

Having spent a few weeks in the NSICU myself, it gave me a new perspective and appreciation for the world around me.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Face it -- you had too many folks praying for you.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, Para. Happy you are on the mend, and got the help you needed in time. Gives us all an idea of not ignoring signs, we need to take care of ourselves. Glad your wife is so supportive as well, kudos to both of you. May you continue on in good health for many more years.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Just wow. So glad you are back & running things again.

And now you know that euphoria of having met Death and seeing him pass you by.

The very best of good fortune to you always.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Wow boss. Cutting it a bit close? Very glad to hear you are doing much better! Well done to Sjtill and your wife for the sound, timely advice and keeping you on course!

Posts: 444 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are doing better. Scary situation!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a close call. I'm glad you are still with us. Many thanks to Doc Goodheart.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Glad to know you got it figured out and treated. Now you have me thinking of my skipped yearly physical and accompanying EKG.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Really glad to hear that you acted in time and are feeling better, Para. I can relate to quite a bit of what you posted and some of it hit very close to home. Hope you keep feeling better and make the most of it.

Sjtill, maybe it’s not my place to say so, but thank you. Your CUT is beyond appropriate.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nice job sjtill Big Grin

Para - you need anything, you just write

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An important lesson learned in the nick of time......and likely not forgotten anytime soon. Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post