SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Sounds just like my future father-in-law who just had a double bypass five days ago. His daughter is a cardiac nurse, and it took hours on the phone to convince him to go. Or my aunt who refused to go until the last second and ended up nearly dead and miraculously survived two surgeries that the docs said had about a 5% chance of success.

It's sad that the shitty health insurance system keeps people away from care, just like you said, because that was precisely the FIL's rationale.

Glad you're on the mend, and kudos to sjtill, because I know exactly what that conversation with a recalcitrant patient sounds like.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Just damn man! I’m glad you’re feeling better but wow! You cut that close. A cautionary tale for all of us stubborn bone-headed men who hate seeing a doctor.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty close shave; best wishes for a swift recovery. Thanks sjtill, from your forum brothers and sisters.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I was relieved to read your post. Like many other members here, it was clear to me something was very much off. Now knowing the cause and that you're on the mend is a welcome revelation on this Sunday afternoon. Godspeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have an URGENT personal matter to attend to. Real life intrudes, but, hopefully, this will be a very short delay. Thanks for your patience.

Foretelling quote, Edited for Emphasis...Apparently Real Life can get REALLY Real! Wink

I'm not one to normally reply to this type of thread, but in this case, I'm gonna making an exception!

There, but for the Grace of God (and the VERY instrumental support, guidance & caring love of those in thy circle), goes Para....Hallelujah!

Apparently your time here (not just here on SIGforum) is not done yet! It is VERY Good to hear that you successfully 'Dodged a Bullet' and you're ready to keep on fighting the good fight! Cool

Make sure you continue to take care of yourself, and those that love you!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Thank God you're ok.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad you got the treatment you needed, and hope that it will keep you ticking for a long time to come.

I wish you all the best & I will add you to my prayer list. I truly believe prayer changes things.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Glad you made the right decision. Get well and stay that way.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I like this ending better than the alternate ending.

L'Chaim!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
Just damn man! I’m glad you’re feeling better but wow! You cut that close. A cautionary tale for all of us stubborn bone-headed men who hate seeing a doctor.

Yeah... I'm stubborn too.

Para, I'm glad you had the good sense to seek and follow the good advice of sjtill.

Godspeed!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Amazing the stories SigForum to tell, but more amazing the wealth of knowledge and experience to help each of us through.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Heal fast! Way to go stjill! Attaboys all around.

Sept 18, 2014 i was telling my primary care physician all about why I could not go to cath lab right now as he was putting me in the wheelchair headed straight there. Just across the pedway and 1 floor down the elevator and within 20 minutes I'm on the operating table getting a stent due to blockage in widowmaker.

Last fall was 5 years later so I had all the heart health test. Ejection fraction was 53%, low normal and I was given a clean bill of heart health.

Good luck with the recuperation and the rehab.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Amazing. Just yesterday, I was telling a friend of mine that I believe we are all immortal. Until we aren't. That is, I believe each of us is put here by God to serve His purpose. Most of us don't know what that purpose is, but as soon as we've done what God put us here to do, our immortality is gone, and God calls us home.

Keep serving God's purpose, Para. Bless you.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Para,
Glad you had a friend to convince you it was time to be looked at. I can relate. I hope your recovery goes great.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I'll be praying for you and yours. What percentage of people get a second chance?

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Glad things are on track. I've learned from dealing with other kinds of problems that the combination of worrying and not knowing whatever there is to be known about the problem can really make things even tougher.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad you took heed to the advise given, and saved your life in the process!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you made the call to the doc
Continued success with your health.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm usually glad that you're adamant, sometimes stubborn. This time, I'm really glad you weren't. Congrats that you're on the mend! And thank you, sjtill.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Kind of a stubborn SOB, aren’t ya. Really glad you ultimately heeded the warnings before it was too late. Better say grace, Mike

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post