SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home invasion robbery goes wrong but...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home invasion robbery goes wrong but... Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:

Because maybe if he had a 30+ round mag and/or ability to do fast mag reloads he could have made more hits before any good guys died. If the gun is not a 1999 registered assault weapon merely inserting a 11+ mag in your AR is a felony. Possession of 11+ mags starting in a few weeks is going to be a crime. We'll see how well compliance goes. I of course will be turning all my 11+ mags in for grocery coupons....

You're making very large assumptions about how things actually went down in that house.

The truth, in this case, is that a ten round mag may have been all that was needed to get the job done.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
This is a sad sign of the times in which we live. I think it would be a public service to go ahead create a reunion for the incubator and her stick up kids. I'd say we will see a post regarding some or all of the remaining parasites within the next six months. I just hope they don't injure another decent human being in the process of realizing their maximum potential as fertilizer. This is a job for animal control.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Because maybe if he had a 30+ round mag and/or ability to do fast mag reloads he could have made more hits before any good guys died. If the gun is not a 1999 registered assault weapon merely inserting a 11+ mag in your AR is a felony. Possession of 11+ mags starting in a few weeks is going to be a crime. We'll see how well compliance goes. I of course will be turning all my 11+ mags in for grocery coupons....

You're making very large assumptions about how things actually went down in that house.

The truth, in this case, is that a ten round mag may have been all that was needed to get the job done.

Yup, the point was missed entirely. Unless you are privy to more info not presented in the article, all you do is assume how thing went down.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yup, the point was missed entirely. Unless you are privy to more info not presented in the article, all you do is assume how thing went down.

True. More rounds may have made no difference. The son may have only fired two shots from the AR. Or maybe the BGs were lined up perfectly and he killed them both with a single bullet. Who knows? Anything might have happened.

But, I doubt anyone engaged in an active gunfight is happy having fewer rounds. More be better.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Which is an assumption on your part.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
The mindset of the "mother" is unfathomable. My buddy has been telling me for years people like this believe it's their right to take your stuff.

Friend of ours is a Sherriff's Deputy. She does many talks at schools around the county. Says the "entitlement mentality" is pervasive among a LOT of kids today. They feel like they're entitled to anything they want. So they don't see robbery as stealing. They're just getting something they're entitled to have. She gets that attitude a lot when taking in shoplifters. They have this attitude of "Who are you to tell me what I can't have?"

The "moral hazard" of the welfare system.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
quote:

Which is an assumption on your part.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Look, we only know what we know, and that is that the son engaged the home invaders with an AR and killed them both in a shootout.

If the reason that the father was killed was because the son only injured the thugs--albeit fatally--and then ran out of ammo which allowed the fatally injured thugs to keep firing where they otherwise would have been better neutralized with more lead in their systems, then I really hope those details will come out so they can be used to argue the point that these ridiculous, arbitrary gun laws are dangerous and only get the good, law-abiding citizen killed.

But since we don't know any of that (in fact, For all we know, the round that killed the father came from the son's rifle) I stand by my original comment that the post made regarding California's absurd firearm laws was out of place and frankly irrelevant in this particular case with what we know.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
All I can say is Wow!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post