SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division**
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division** Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
There are Female bullies too. Especially in the workplace.

Even in school, girls can be vicious. Boys will give wedgies and/or swirlies. Girls will isolate another girl and drive her to suicide.

And, yeah, nice hypocrasy, gillette. Charge women more for products, shamelessly exploit women's bodies, use child labor, but lecture ME on 'toxic masculinity.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Is the man beard craze on the way out? Perhaps they see this trend or think it's coming and want to get out in front.

Everywhere you looked for the past 5 years or so every guy has a beard, if that trend is ending and Gillette sees it, perhaps they figure the growth in the industry is going to come in the millineal category vs the rest of us who are already customers.

Still, I'm using my el Cheapo Bic disposables, in man blue....

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Expect to see more crap like this from other companies.The following is what executives are being told. Hopefully sales figures will prove this not to be the case, but until then - they are congratulating themselves on a mission accomplished.

https://morningconsult.com/for...e-commercial-survey/

Survey: Gillette's Ad Well Received by Consumers,
Positions Its Brand As Socially Responsible

The backlash against Gillette’s new ad targeting toxic masculinity is likely overstated, according to new survey research from Morning Consult.

The two-minute spot, which calls out harassment and asks men to be better, was met with a range of condemnation, praise, and snark from social media users and the commentariat. However, a new survey testing the commercial finds it resonated with most consumers in a positive manner and improved their perceptions of the razor company.

Morning Consult surveyed 2,201 American adults in the days immediately following the campaign release (January 15 and 16). Additional brand-tracking data from Morning Consult’s software platform, Brand Intelligence, indicates any impact on Gillette’s reputation is likely negligible.

Here are five key takeaways from the data:

1) The ad successfully positioned Gillette as socially responsible and in-line with consumers’ values.

Before watching the commercial, 42 percent of consumers said they agreed Gillette “shared their values.” After watching, that figure jumped to 71 percent. Additionally, the share of consumers who said Gillette “is socially responsible” grew from 45 to 72 percent.

2) Overall, the ad was well received by those who watched it.

Asked to rate how positively they felt about the ad on a scale of 0-10 (10 being very positive), 61 percent gave it high marks (7-10), 23 percent were more neutral (4-6) and 17 percent gave the commercial low marks (0-3). Gillette customers were slightly more likely (64 percent) than the average consumer (61 percent) to have a positive reaction.

As the graphic below illustrates, Republicans had a more negative view of the ad than Democrats.

3) Despite the internet firestorm, few consumers reported having seen negative buzz.

At the height of the supposed controversy, just 8 percent of consumers said they’d seen, read, or heard something negative about Gillette over the past week. Overall, 32 percent of consumers reported seeing news about Gillette – and the majority of it was positive.

4) Harry’s and Dollar Shave Club customers are more likely to buy Gillette after watching.

Among consumers who indicated they use products from either Harry’s or Dollar Shave Club, 56 percent said they would be more likely to buy from Gillette after watching the commercial. Just 18 percent say they would be less likely.

5) Brand-tracking data shows a negligible impact on purchasing consideration.

In addition to surveying respondents directly about the commercial, Morning Consult also tracks consumer perceptions of over 2,000 brands through Brand Intelligence on a daily basis, including Gillette. Based on this tracking data, we are able to ascertain how sentiment shifted after the commercial’s release.

The results show slight downward movement on key metrics including purchasing consideration and favorability. However, the shifts are minor, indicating most consumers are either unaware or unconcerned with the ad in either direction. Those minor shifts could possibly grow in the coming days.

In the two weeks before the campaign launch, 69 percent of Americans said they would consider purchasing products from Gillette. In the two days following the ad, that moved to 65 percent. Sixty-five percent is well within the bounds of Gillette’s normal purchasing consideration range — it has been at that level or lower at multiple points over the last year.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

“Queen Bee syndrome.”

I knew the woman whose picture could have gone in the dictionary next to the definition of the term.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is for sure! I worked in a very large shop/factory for many years. There was a large stores area for the parts that had about 30 females and one male in the area. Every female in there hated every female in the area they would not talk to each other at all no matter what. It was a real eye opener.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Polls are nice, but the truth will be shown at the cash register, Dicks thought the same thing, yet they are closing stores.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Gillette along with Campers World, Gander Sports, Target and Dicks Sporting goods are now on my do not patronize list. I'll spend my $$ else where.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Gillette is doubling down-- which is probably the only option they really have.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2...ad-amid-controversy/

We'll see how their sales play out after this POS ad. I know I will never, ever, buy Gillette again. And I suspect that is true of at least hundreds of thousands of other men. So the marketing question is: will the ad bring in new customers to replace and exceed those lost? I doubt it. But their next quarterly report will answer definitively.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From back in the day before beta male libs took over men's products advertising.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Morning Consult surveyed 2,201 American adults

So somebody surveyed 2,201 Americans and came up with some "conclusion" about American males?

There are some 330 MILLION people in the US. Just how in hell can one "survey" that so-called sample and determine the beliefs, conclusions, attitudes of those 330 MILLION people!

And, further, I realize that I am old (81 next month) but I truly have to wonder what all this "toxic masculinity" shit is all about.

I do not GAS about Gillette and their dumb assed political nonsense. I gave up using their products quite some time ago. I use disposable razors. And, on the outside chance that I might unintentionally buy some of their after shave or whatever, I will be more selective in future.

Are we truly being led into a damned gender war?

Seems like it to me.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

From the article:

Villanova professor Charles R. Taylor said it’s prudent for companies to avoid wading into divisive political issues.

“Alienating the target audience in significant numbers is not a good idea,” Taylor told the Herald.

“Unless they change this up or tone it down, I think they’re going to lose a substantial amount of customers permanently,” Taylor added. “The men who don’t like this ad view it as a company trying to tell them how to think politically. I don’t see any scenario where they gain customers from this.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I am sick to death of all these "surveys" that come out. They mean NOTHING

Any "survey" can be easily rigged to provide the desired results! Just select the sample group where the beliefs/opinions reflect the desired result.

Unfortunately, we are now experiencing full force the results of all the destructive intentions and campaigns about our society.

Toxic masculinity, to me, means that I am supposed to submit my abject apology for being male, being married to the same woman for more than 60 years, spent a working lifetime to build our current, fairly secure, financial position. And I did not do it alone! My PARTNER (wife) did her share each and every day as she is still doing! When we were still in the army I spent some 60% of my time away from home doing my job! She covered everything that I would have done had I been home. When I started college, while working 60+ hours a week, she and our teen aged daughter took over all the "guy" stuff around the home place.

I would challenge any, or perhaps most, of these idiot she-males to do what the huge majority of women did and accomplished not so many years ago. We joke sometimes about the guy homesteading in his mommy's basement. Unfortunately, it seems we were right from the aspect that it is destructive to society at large, and it is not just the guys anymore. If it ever was.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

From the article:

Villanova professor Charles R. Taylor said it’s prudent for companies to avoid wading into divisive political issues.

“Alienating the target audience in significant numbers is not a good idea,” Taylor told the Herald.

“Unless they change this up or tone it down, I think they’re going to lose a substantial amount of customers permanently,” Taylor added. “The men who don’t like this ad view it as a company trying to tell them how to think politically. I don’t see any scenario where they gain customers from this.”

Wow, you gotta be a perfesser to figger that shit out! I shoulda been a brain sergeon!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
From back in the day before beta male libs took over men's products advertising.

I remember that ad from 1989... it was a good ad.
Men were men, and women were women.

And yes, I used Gillette razors/blades back then. But they weren't crazy expensive back then. Maybe they were a little more expensive than generic or competitors blades, but now they are crazy expensive compared to the alternatives.

The 1989 ad was aimed at me... the ad resonated. I was their consumer.
The new SJW retard ad isn't even aimed at me. I'm not really sure who the ad will attract, but it's not me. I was once their consumer but they lost me on price long before this new ad campaign.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A watch companies brilliant response to the Gillette’s awful video.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/x_HL0wiK4Zc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just signed up for Harrys....and it looks like I need a new watch!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I ended up ordering some Dorco razors from Amazon.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Expect to see more crap like this from other companies.The following is what executives are being told. Hopefully sales figures will prove this not to be the case, but until then - they are congratulating themselves on a mission accomplished.

https://morningconsult.com/for...e-commercial-survey/

Survey: Gillette's Ad Well Received by Consumers,
Positions Its Brand As Socially Responsible

This is fundamental FAKE NEWS.

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Just signed up for Harrys....and it looks like I need a new watch!

Harrys apparently is on the same page as Gillette. Just saying.

I canceled my subscription for Gillette razors over this. I still have quite a few leftover though, so I will use them up, but then I still need to decide who to turn to next.

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
A watch companies brilliant response to the Gillette’s awful video.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/x_HL0wiK4Zc

They should start making razors as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Duluthtrading has some unabashedly masculine shaving gear.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post