SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Soccer team lost in cave in Thailand.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soccer team lost in cave in Thailand. Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Amazing job to all those involved in this operation. They planned out and executed what is likely one of the most technical cave/dive rescues we will ever see. Huge props to those divers that found and brought out those kids.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comet24,

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
What a great outcome that very well could have been very tragic!

It was for the family of the diver who died.

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Amazing job to all those involve in this operation. They planned out and executed what is likely one of the most technical rescue we will ever see. Huge props to those divers that found and brought out those kids.

Nothing beats knowing what you are doing.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Amazing rescue of the team and coach!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yo Elon... Hows that plastic tube coming?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

And actually Elon / SpaceX arrived with their mini sub the night before last, obviously to late to help and with a rescue plan working / underway, no reason to use it. And I'm pretty sure thats more than anyone in this thread did. Razz

Wink

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, seriously. You try designing and fabricating a life support vessel, testing it, and flying it around the world into the jungle on short notice...Ugh, Elon Musk the worst! He should just stick to sending spaceships into space, that dick.

Back to the topic...this is great news.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

And I'm pretty sure thats more than anyone in this thread did. Razz

You mean besides giving him my money out of my paycheck?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Everyone, the doctor, divers, etc., is out.

The boys were sedated before being brought out.

From Weather Channel.com:

Boys Hospitalized as They Leave Cave

Spending 18 days in a dark cave could have caused all sorts of health concerns, both mental and physical, for the boys. After being rescued under sedation, they were rushed to hospitals via ambulance and were quarantined, according to CBS News.

Many of the boys were suffering hypothermia as they exited the cave and two are reportedly suffering from pneumonia.

Doctors said they have been seen by their parents through a glass window and will likely remain in the hospital for at least seven days.

Link

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Wow! So glad to hear all are out and no other rescuers were injured or died. This could have gone the other way so easily. Congratulations to the rescue team.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing outcome to a really challenging problem. Good on the folks who made it happen.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

If you go back to the beginning of this there were talks of it taking months before the boys could be rescued. It took just over a week. You know why it took just over a week? Because a bunch of people didn't stop trying to figure out a better solution. There were probably hundreds of possible solutions being worked on at some point or another and thankfully all that work resulted in one that saved these boys lives. Elon was simply working on one of the many possible answers.

And if Rhino is right and he did deliver something it very well may be something that can be used in future rescue situations. Or maybe not. Maybe it gets tossed in form Thai junk pile to never be seen again.

Either way who cares? I really don't understand the mocking of Elon (not just here) I have seen over trying to do something.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
And I'm pretty sure thats more than anyone in this thread did. Razz

You mean besides giving him my money out of my paycheck?
Yeah, he still did far more than you brother. Far more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

And if Rhino is right and he did deliver something it very well may be something that can be used in future rescue situations. Or maybe not. Maybe it gets tossed in form Thai junk pile to never be seen again.

Either way who cares? I really don't understand the mocking of Elon (not just here) I have seen over trying to do something.

Elon Musk Arrives in Thailand With 'Kid-size Submarine', Posts Photos from the Rescue Site

Like I said, haters gonna hate. REMFs will be REMFs. It's easy from the comfort of your LAZYBoy.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

First, glad the kids are out, if Musks stuff could have helped, more power to him for doing that... However

Its because many see that anything he does is designed to promote himself, even if its helpful it's still about "Tony".

If he was all about helping the kids then why announce it to the public "I'm sending a tube" or "I'm sending my Submarine" and insisting anyone he contacts about doing it keep it quiet.

He truly is "Tony Stark" a narcissist extraordinaire,

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent, excellent, excellent. Job well done to everyone involved.

Get some rest.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

First, glad the kids are out, if Musks stuff could have helped, more power to him for doing that... However

Its because many see that anything he does is designed to promote himself, even if its helpful it's still about "Tony".

If he was all about helping the kids then why announce it to the public "I'm sending a tube" or "I'm sending my Submarine" and insisting anyone he contacts about doing it keep it quiet.

Jesus Christ. Stop already.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Because many see that anything he does is designed to promote himself, even if its helpful it's still about "Tony".

If he was all about helping the kids then why announce it to the public "I'm sending a tube" or "I'm sending my Submarine".

I agree about him and I do not like the guy at all.

But in this instance who cares? I don't care if he named his sub the "SS Elon Musk is the most awseomest guy in the world and has an above average dick in both length and girth". What I care about is that he was in a position to help and he tried. His hubris is annoying but if it results in something that can save lives then I think it is worth it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reported that all the kids, divers, and doctors are now out of the cave.

Those cave divers were the true heroes, dragging extra oxygen and sedated kids through miles of underwater tunnel network.

Brass balls.